my skin isn't looking very good with the weight loss

Options

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Do you mean it is loose? I sure don't care for my neck, can really see the turkey neck now. lol As far as my skin, it is doing ok for now. I have a bow flex and use it 3x a week, that might be helping? Let me know if you find something that helps so I can try and use it.
  • starliner
    Options
    My knees and thighs and lumpier that before I lost weight. I was 'filled' out before even tho it was with fat. I walk a lot and swim in the summer. It could just be the gravity thing of older age which makes it more discouraging to lose the rest of my weight. We have to accept we are not going to look like we are 20 again no matter how much we lose. I am also very dry. I am trying to increase my water to 1/2 my body weight every day.... glug, glug, glug.
  • inscrutable
    inscrutable Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well I'd never have worn a bikini when I was 18 and 98 pounds so I surely dont plan to do it in future lol. My chins are consolidating into one as I have lost about 30 lbs. And not a firm one either but I will never be in a position to afford surgery so I. Am psyching myself up with how much better I feel and energy and now can hope to do many activities I used to do and comfortably without working myself into a sweaty lather.

I am most shocked unpleasantly by how weak I am. Especially my arms but I'm surely there will improve if I keep at it. What pleasantly shocked me was resting my head in my hands and feeling an unfamiliar bump. At first I wondered what had happened to my teeth but when I poked harder I discovered it was actual cheekbones, something I forgot I had!
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I know I will have a lot of sagging and loose skin when I finish losing the weight I need to lose. It is just a fact of life when you lose a lot of weight and you are our age. I am 63. I really only have two choices. To look fat and be unhealthy, or look saggy and be healthy and feel good. I want to feel good.:smile:
  • deb83201
    deb83201 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good point. We can only tone up as much as our bodies will allow. We lose a lot of elasticity in our skin as we age. Don't let the biggest losers fool you.....some of them get some body tugs and cuts.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I keep looking at peoples pics of success and think, WOW they look way better than I do after losing 30 pounds, but then I come to my senses and realize they are usually in their 20's LOL so let the skin sag, at least we can say, hey it is because we lost weight! cheers all