DAY ONE!

Options
colorlessgreen
colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
My boyfriend had an out-of-town guest spend the night last night, and he was sleeping in the living room when I woke up this morning, so I haven't gotten to start yet... I'll have to do it this evening while they're out. I want to hear how everyone's first workout goes, so I can live vicariously through you while I'm at work! ;)

Replies

• Wottie72
    Wottie72 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing it once my 3 herberts have gone to bed.
  • ldonnot
    ldonnot Posts: 4
    Options
    Does anyone know how to figure out how many calories are used doing the shred?
  • cngeike
    cngeike Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    According to my fit bit I burned 183 calories today doing it. I on't know if that would be accurate or not but I will go with it. LOL

She is going to kill me. Actually I started yesterday and today I am sore, but was so excited to do it again so I did. I love it. I feel good when I am done and accomplished. I spent the last hour doing 30 day shred and zumba and burned 460 calories between the two so I feel good about that
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have to start on Monday, but I'm looking forward to it.
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Whoop !! I actually started a little early too - loving this workout so far! tough but over before you know it !
    did anyone else have to keep repeating 'bikini body' over and over to themselves like a mantra ?
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    According to my fit bit I burned 183 calories today doing it. I on't know if that would be accurate or not but I will go with it. LOL

She is going to kill me. Actually I started yesterday and today I am sore, but was so excited to do it again so I did. I love it. I feel good when I am done and accomplished. I spent the last hour doing 30 day shred and zumba and burned 460 calories between the two so I feel good about that

fantastic effort !! i could barely stand after my 1st attempt at 30ds
  • cngeike
    cngeike Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I was going down stairs to do some laundry and my thighs are sore. LOL
  • sarahldee
    sarahldee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Done with 54mins to spare!

I was sooo unmotivated at bootcamp tonight but feel I've made up for it abit now!
  • dirtycaviar
    Options
    Just did day one and according to my HRM I burned 172 calories. Not too bad for 20ish minutes.
  • FATtoFITness
    FATtoFITness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I totally procrastinated, I have yet to get the DVD but I have a web link to do it and I'm stil all in an excited to start!!
  • candyrayne215
    candyrayne215 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i just completed 30ds this my 2nd day..its short! wasnt too bad only i have just 1 kettlebell and 1 resistance band so i modify strengh and do extras afterwards, i need a pair of dumbbells, but my kettleball is 10lbs and i do good with it
  • shymom05
    shymom05 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    started today and it kicked my butt. but got to love the motivation of jillian michaels.

i even got my 8 year old to do it with me lol
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    I completed day one. Still not sure if I like it. It is really boring. I'll keep with it for the full 30 days though because I definitely feel the muscles working.
  • VannaB
    VannaB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down 29 to go.....
  • Wottie72
    Wottie72 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Did day one yesterday and it surprised me as I'm fairly fit had to be careful on some moves as I have a dodgy knee from running when I was younger.
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! I was so tired at work that I went home an hour early, and then went out with my boyfriend, and went out to eat. I got home close to 10 pm and still hadn't done it, AND I was about 80 calories over my limit for the day! After my food finished digesting a little, I changed into some skimpy clothes and had my boyfriend take my "before" shots, and turned on the DVD. I finished just before midnight--right under the wire!

I made my own exercise for it, with the same number of calories as I'd burn using "Circuit Training - General," which was 169 for me.

I had to put down my three-pound weights for some of those "anterior raise + side lunges," but I got through them. Now for a shower and off to bed. I can't believe how sweaty I got in 20 minutes, and my arms are still a little shaky as I'm typing this, haha.

Thanks for keeping my motivated, everyone. I knew I couldn't skip out on the very first day with everyone watching!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my third full round today..sorry in joining up late. ^-^
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started a little late, but I did day 1 today along with an hour of zumba. I think this might kill my knee, luckily I have a knee brace so tomorrow I'll be doing it with that. And I think I need heavier weights. The only ones I have are 2 lb and I don't feel like I am getting anything out of it. I might try to pick up some heavier ones later in the week. And hopefully the stupid jumping jacks will knock my kidney stones out - cause that is what my doctor says I need. LOL!