Having Trouble Staying Focused

Options
Having difficulty staying focused and mainly making sure I'm eating the right amount of the right things...Any help would be great so feel free to add me, give advice on what I can do etc...

I'm 27% BF at 260 pounds and 5'9. I'd like to be around 200 pounds and 5-9% body fat.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• egwatkins
    egwatkins Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I've stopped and started the weight loss/get healthy process more times than I care to admit. If I blow it one day, I have tended to keep blowing it until I get so disgusted with myself I decide to try again. That is why "win the battle daily" really has become my slogan. I'm trying to adapt the mindset that if I reach my goal today, I can build upon that and keep adding to the victories. Sure, there may be a day that I miss the mark. But the point is not to let one "battle loss" keep me from winning the war over my health. Purpose to win today and let it become the launching pad for tomorrow.
  • jeanstepanian
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i am new member and also having trouble staying focused on healthy eating but working on it ! I drink like they say lots of water a day and am in to fruit lately berries are very good for u also am trying to lower my cholesterol was high at doctors last time so i have decided to cut back on red meats, and eat more chicken and fish also load up on veggies ! i love my veggies! one thing I can tell u if your not already doing cut down on butter it is sooo bad for u I use and have for years olive oil in all my cooking and when I eat a salad balsamic vinegar and olive oil for me only I also eat whole wheat bread any way hope this helped add me if able i need to loose 25 lbs and just started new member
  • JessieL19
    Options
    I am also a new member :bigsmile: I have been trying for a while to stay healthy, and eat the right things. The only problem is I work full time at Tim Horton's and everthing there is always super tempting!!! I find myself straying off track quite a bit. :sad:
  • Emily199517
    Options
    Staying accountable using this site has helped me stay focused a lot. I've been on a diet on and off for about a year I had fear of the scale, and didn't weigh myself for that entire period. Even at the doctors I would request them not to tell me. I thought that if I ignored it, it didn't really matter. I lost some weight by "guessing" because I see it in the mirror, but I find that setting smaller goals for myself and actually getting on the scale and seeing the numbers (which I did yesterday), has made me want to do better.

As for right now, my goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of April.

I've started to do Shape Magazines Drop 10 diet which will help you lose 10 pounds in 5 weeks.

As far as the diet, Shape's plan is to eat 1400 calories, and then add another 200 of "happy calories" tallying up to 1600 calories daily.

Happy calories can be filled anything you want. But it has to make you happy :) You can have a treat everyday, or save it for the end of the week to have a "cheat meal."

Personally, i choose the cheat meal. One meal a week of pure bliss :)

I also have switched all of my liquids to water and green tea. Except for milk in my cereal, and sometimes diet soda. I used to drink diet soda all day long, and i have learned to cut it down to a few cups a week.

Exercise: I am doing Shape's plan of doing HIIT three days a week. (High Intensity Interval Training) for thirty minutes. For those of you who don't know about this, HIIT is doing high intensity bursts and low intensity recovery. Like sprinting for 30 seconds, and walking a minute to recover. It blasts calories and also helps with plateau if any of you are having a problem with that. I do this for thirty minutes.

Then, twice a week, I do an hour of strength training. I used to believe building muscle made you bulk up! But it really doesn't. It tightens up a woman's whole body and can make her look fantastic even if she isn't at her goal weight quite yet. If any of you go to 24 hour fitness I highly recommend 'Les Mills Body Pump'.

WE CAN DO IT EVERYONE!! You are worth every good thing in this world, including being happy and healthy :) Good luck.
  • ShanaGore
    ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    All of us have found it difficult to stay focused at some point. I have found logging food and exercise (like we do on this site) helps to keep me focused. Also, I have found it helpful to set 1 or 2 exercise goals a week and 1 or 2 nutrition goals a week. For example, walk 5 times this week for 30 minutes each time and eat only whole grains for all grain foods (ie pasta, bread, rice. cereal) Having specific goals gives me something to stay focused on and also after a week of focusing on these specific items, it becomes more of a habit. Then next week I will add more goals, like maybe I want to walk w/weights and walk at least 2 miles during those 30 minutes and I want to have veggies w/each meal. Before you know it, you have developed lots of healthy habits, but doing it a little bit at a time makes it less overwhelming, and make sure to feel good about all your victories. We are quick to get upset with ourselves when we have a bad day, but often overlook all the victories we have along the way.