6' Tall Ladies - I need your help!

Options

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' & I currently weigh 193lbs. I'm in a loose size 14. I wear a large in tops. My goal isn't really a weight....its more of a size. I want to wear a 10/12 in pants so I think that is around the 170, 180 range.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am about 5' 11.5" and currently weigh 193lbs. I wear a between a size 14 and a size 16 depending on the pants. I wear a L in tops, but will usually get an XL so its long enough. When I weighed 173 at my lowest I was still wearing a size 14 for pants though, I have wide hips and a booty. :)
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Tall Lovelies =)

Let's see...trying to remember back....
    Height: 6'0"
    HW: 214lb = size 14-16 (I think those starting to get small is what triggered the "what am I doing?!?"); L shirts
    180lb-200lb = size 12; M-L shirts
    CW: 168lb = size 10; S-M shirts; 6-8 in dresses
    LW: 160lb = getting into 8's, with one pair of size 6 pants! S-M shirts

Goal weight = back at 160lbs (darn all of my fall travel followed by the holidays!) Maybe eventually as low as 155lb, but I don't want to stress about it

I have a medium frame, fairly broad shoulders, "just the right size" chest (36C/34D), tiny waist, and HIPS/BOOTY =) Which is why my tops and dresses are often 1-2 sizes smaller than my pants.
    Also, I've found that I change a size around every 10-15lbs, if that helps you at all. Might give you a rough estimate =)
    Best of luck!
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am 6 ft.
    CW 200 lbs.
    Med-Large. frame.

Spent most of my life around 165, but have been between 190 and 205 for the last 12 years or so.

I wear a size 14 jean, size 16 dress pants, which are a bit baggy.

I am apple-shaped and have been doing some strength training mostly, so all my flab is in the middle now.

I wear size Large and XL tops, depends on the maker.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    [[/quote]

So true about the jeans. Even when you buy multiple pairs in the same size, in different washes, from the same store, they fit differently.
    [/quote]

I have found that the lighter the wash, the smaller they are. I generally wear a 2 in American Eagle but I bought white jeans for the summer and had to get a 4. Could not even button the 2s.
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well, I think a trip to American Eagle is in order, haha! I am currently 194 and started at 242. I am wearing 12s or 14s these days in pants :) Tops are large or mediums. I would consider myself a large frame. I have started NROLFW and am seeing changes all over, but not on the scale which is just fine with me. I would still like to lose 10 more pounds~ I think time will tell.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm 159, 6'0, medium frame. I've been buying 8 pants, Medium shirts. I have a large booty and large boobs (32F). I always will even if I get down to an unhealthy 145. Dresses have been between an 10 & 12 because I have hips. The new stretchy, flowy polyester summer dresses I'm either a S or M, only because they flow over the hips and stretch over the boobs.

When I was at my highest (I think 190, I was too afraid to get on the scale). I was approaching size 16's. BLAH.
  • kelliwiatrek
    Options
    I can't believe how everyone's clothing size is so different yet our weights and height are around the same.
    SW: 235 lbs and wore a size 18 pants (kind of tight), 1x tops, and 40D bra
    CW: 180 lbs and wear size 12 pants, M-L tops, and 36C bra

I hope to get down to 170 lbs. I can't remember the last time I weighed that much. I haven't worn size 12 since I was in high school and that was about 11 years ago. I don't even remember how much I weighed in high school, but I have always been a big girl.

10371238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am not 6'', but I am 5'10- I wear a size 12 now at 201. When I was 180, I wore a size 10 which is my goal.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Interesting how sizes vary.

I am about 6' 1/2" and currently weigh 169, and my best fitting jeans are 14, but I also still wear my size 16 ones even though they're a little baggy. When I was 189 (my highest nonpregnancy weight at the beginning of this year) I had just bought some size 18 dress pants. They were kind of big around the waist but I needed it for my ever-growing butt. They are now way too big all over and I am going to give them to a tall friend.

Sounds like I should start shopping at American Eagle...apparently I'd be a 10 in their jeans! (Yeah, I know the number doesn't really matter, blah blah blah)

Peoples sizes vary also. I lift very heavy( sometimes more than the guys at the gym) and have a large amount of muscle. One persons 200lbs could be totally different from another person's 200lbs. Also some people carry their weight different. Someone who carries more weight in their chest and upper body may wear a smaller size pant than someone who is pear shaped. I happen to like american eagle boyfriend fit jeans because they come in extra long length and my sister works there so I get 35% off.
  • megsybk
    megsybk Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm one of the tallest on here! SCORE! hahaha. I love being tall!

I'm 6*4 and have a very large frane
    My HW was 353 and in Lane Bryant jeans (curse them to HELL!!) I wore a 28
    My CW is 339.3 and i'm in the same size... dresses I wear a 24 in though and shirts I wear 2x or 3x depending on the fabric
    My LW was about 250 (in high school) and I wore a 16/18
    All through college I was between 275/280 and I wore between 20/22

Honestly, i just can't wait to be back down to a 22! And
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    Interesting how sizes vary.

I am about 6' 1/2" and currently weigh 169, and my best fitting jeans are 14, but I also still wear my size 16 ones even though they're a little baggy. When I was 189 (my highest nonpregnancy weight at the beginning of this year) I had just bought some size 18 dress pants. They were kind of big around the waist but I needed it for my ever-growing butt. They are now way too big all over and I am going to give them to a tall friend.

Sounds like I should start shopping at American Eagle...apparently I'd be a 10 in their jeans! (Yeah, I know the number doesn't really matter, blah blah blah)

Man, I'm glad some one else thought this!!!

I'm 6' CW 190....wearing mostly 16 pants. I've never even *stepped a foot n* AE....

It's interesting what people's goal weights are. I've not totally decided, but I think I'd like to be around 170-175. I'd be solidly in the middle of "normal" BMI. I'm still "overweight" BMI, but SOOOOO close. I can hardly wait!

I'd lost 60+ (over 1 1/2 years) before joining MFP....but these last 15 lbs. seem to be the toughest.
  • laurajean1120
    Options
    I'm 6'0", and my current weight is 214. This is my highest weight. I weighed in the 190s most of my adult life and worse 12-14 but in the last couple of years my weight has gone up, and I wear size 14 pants but they don't fit very well! Hoping to get back below 200...
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm super late on this post but I can't fall asleep for some reason lol.
    I'm right at 6'1
    My HW:310
    CW:289...I have a weigh in soon though.
    LW: in high school lol I was about 205...I can't remember, but I have always been overweight.
    Now here's the fun part lol, I currently wear a size 18, some of them are fitting to big and some too tight(ugh!). Size 20 is too big on my waist but fits my legs and thighs and most of my 18's fit my waist but and are sometimes a little to snug on my thighs. My bootay lol..is ummm not big lol but its not a pancake either, Ive never really had a problem in that area but its way more noticeable when my waist is smaller. My chest area I am praying I lose some weight in that department I am currently a 44dd. So with my shirts I am mainly a 2x but it depends on if it is a true 2x...some are too big and some are too tight. My goal weight is 200 or 190, I know some may think that is a little high but I have a large body mass. My goal size is a 12/13, I will see when I get there. I wish everyone the best on their journey!
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am exactly 6 feet.
    CW: 205-210 (depends on the day lol). I wear a size 14 in most things but will go up to a 16 in juniors/short dresses for length. I also am a DD cup, so that factors in too!
    GW- 165-175. My original goal weight was 165 but I feel like that might be too low since I run/strength train a lot. I weighed about 170 at my thinnest in my adult life and I was about a size 10, and people told me I looked too thin. I am guessing now that I am much more muscular I will probably get to 175 and just maintain from there.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    PS- I weigh at least 20lbs more than my mom. We are the same height and she wears way bigger clothes than me. She is also a small/medium frame whereas I am a very large frame.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11 1/2, 33 years old, large/medium frame (kinda in between)
    At 190 I was a very tight 14 (SW) (38D bra size, L/XL tops)
    At 170 I was a loose 12/tight 10 (L/M Tops, 34DD bra)
    At 165 I was a 10 (M tops, 34DD bra)
    157 I was an 8 (GW) (S/M tops, 32DDD bra)
    At 153 I'm a 6 (sometimes an 8, sometimes even a 4, depending on the store) (S tops, 32DD bra)

I think the smallest I've ever been before this was an 8/10, I figured I'd never see a 6 EVER. MFP makes miracles come true!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 6ft tall,
    SW: 280lb plus
    CW: 260lb
    GW: 175lb

I am a size 16-18, sometimes a 20. Depends what shop. I don't really understand the whole small frame large frame thing so I will go with medium :)

At the minute my bra size is 36-38 C.

I have no idea what I weighed when I was slim but I wore a size 14 I believe. I will let you know when I get there!
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am your height. I weigh 171. I wear a 10 or 12. Depending on the make. I am medium framed and pear shaped. I wear a medium in tops, sometimes a large to get the length long enough
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just asked my doctor this question when I was there. I am 5'11 1/2, and I don't have small bones, and I've got one hell of a butt! HAH! Anyways, I told her my goal weight was around 160, and she said for a goal like a wedding, that might be ok, but she thought that was a little low for maintaining. I would say 170 is probably a healthy weight. I am 196 right now, at a size 12/14. I am hoping for a size 8. That might be small though.