grand rapids runners unite

Options
I know we can group up and encourage each other while also making new friends along the way.

Replies

• ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I've just started running.....hope to do the Irish Jig next year!
  • zuyddyk98
    zuyddyk98 Posts: 52
    Options
    awesome. are u running on a treadmill now? or have u been outside running?
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    Treadmill. When it is consistently nice out, I will move out there.
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    yeah me too, I ran outside a day or two last week when it was nice. it was so much fun to finally run outside after being on the treadmill all winter.
    are u on a c25k plan or something like that now?
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    I am just starting that actually. I started it in January, had a health issue and now I'm restarting it after the doc said I'm good to go.
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    I ran 5 1/2 miles last night. I hope to run this morning , we will see
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    I've been seriously slacking this week because my parents are in town & I'm not getting a lot of sleep (night shift). I'll be hurtin next week I'm sure.
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    oh :-( ,

I ran 2 miles today.. I have a 5 k race on Saturday.
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    Nice! Where is the race?
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    its at walker ice & fitness. you know where that is?
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    I do.

How did you do?
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    I do.

How did you do?

I beat my best time by 30 seconds! ran 28:24. it was so much fun. I saved up energy and ran hard the last mile, I passed a lot of people who tired out at the end! it was cold out but I wore a long sleeve shirt which helped. I wish u coulda came out to root me on :-).
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    Way to go!!!

hey thanks,
    I'm so addicted to running now! I can't wait till my next race. my next race is in 2 weeks. I'm off work on Monday, I hope the weather is nice and I can run a few miles in the sun. have u ran at all this weekend?
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    I'm not addicted to running yet lol

I ran for about 10 minutes, then bagged it and went on the bike. My parents were in town and I was sorta lazy this weekend. Tuesday it's supposed to rain so I will probably run on Wednesday.
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    you were right about the rain on Tuesday, I went to the gym and ran 3 miles on the tredmill. my legs are sore tgis Wednesday morning, I think I'll give them a rest day today. reguarding my weight loss... I have just 10 pounds to go now till I reach my initial goal I set for myself back in early December. I may reassess and make a new goal weight at that time I'm unsure about that yet. how r you doing in your weight loss? are u doing a good job with not going over your calorie limit for the day?
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    What gym do you go to?

Im doing well with my weight loss. I've only been at it for around a month and I'm down 25 lbs (Im positive most of its water weight) but my jeans are fitting better. I got the okay from my doc to start working out on April 1 (had an emergency appendectomy and had to wait until I was healed), so I'm hoping to see more changes this month.
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    What gym do you go to?

Im doing well with my weight loss. I've only been at it for around a month and I'm down 25 lbs (Im positive most of its water weight) but my jeans are fitting better. I got the okay from my doc to start working out on April 1 (had an emergency appendectomy and had to wait until I was healed), so I'm hoping to see more changes this month.

my gym membership is @ fitness 19. Its so close to me I can walk there in 5 minutes. :-) . fitness 19 is a good gym, & its only $10/ month. there r 3 in GR, kentwood, jenison, & on Leonard ave..

I didn't run at all yesterday, but it was soo nice outside I went for a bike ride instead. today I will probably make it to the gym after breakfast, lift weights and run a few miles on the tredmill.

you should join fitness 19 too if you live near one of them. the one on Leonard is brand new this year. I was going to join snap fitness. but they r much more expensive.

besides running what other types of exercise do u plan on doing? a lot of people on this site do that dvd workout routine stuff, you going to do that too?
  • ToEKnee213
    Options
    I go to Family Fitness in Wyoming. There is one on Plainfield too I guess.

I need to get a bike, mine got stolen out of my garage when I accidentally left it open. :grumble:

I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. That chick is kickin my *kitten*, seriously!
  • zuyddyk98
    Options
    I'm sorry about your bike.
    I dressed warm this morning and ran
    5.5 miles today... I'm feeling really good for my race in 2.5 weeks. my friends live the workout dvd called P90x. I don't see myself trying it but they say its great.
    it looks like today is going to be another beautiful day.