have you seen this thread?

Options
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/105890-kashi-go-lean-crunch-upsetting-stomach

I know I should stay off the main boards but am I the crazy one for thinking that if a food upsets your stomach you shouldn't eat it? I mean these people are talking about farting and feeling like Heck all day from their cereal but they "love it and get used to it" what is going on here?!?!?! Please tell me I'm not the crazy one for thinking if a food gives me digestive problems then I should stay away!

Replies

• chammich
    chammich Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That's a duh.
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    I don't know why it is irking me so bad but I just want to shake these people sometimes!!!!!!! Like if something upsets your digestion YOU SHOULDN'T FREAKING EAT IT!
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Anybody else have WAY less gas by eating Paleo/Primal? I'm sure many wives would approve this diet for their husbands if they knew this fact!
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Missyyclaire, I can attest to the less gas and bloating as a result of going Paleo/Primal. It's amazing that for the longest time I thought that was normal. Now when I cheat on occasion, I can immediately feel the effects of the non-paleo food and the effect it has on me within minutes.

I always thought broccoli and beans gave me gas too until I figured out that it was what I was eating with it that gave me gas. Guess what that was...grains. Once I ditched the grains, no more stomach issues, gas, bloating, indigestion, etc. I do Paleo cheats with beans on occasion because its part of our New Mexico food culture but it's very little when I do. I haven't had a problem with broccoli or beans since though.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Anybody else have WAY less gas by eating Paleo/Primal? I'm sure many wives would approve this diet for their husbands if they knew this fact!

Me totally - my stomach and my husbands stomach issues have cleared up after a week! Both had IBS type symptoms before.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing.. if it upsets your stomach/ causes gas ,bloating etc.. then stop eating it.. but hey I'm not a "gluten" for punishment lol
  • jessiepilot
    Options
    I try to stay away from the main boards - learned that lesson when I got attacked for mentioning Primal has really worked for me and how low my calories can end up being SOME days - people as a whole seem to be so judgmental and stuck in their opinions - if I read one more "primal/Paleo is a fad diet" or "eat more calories" posts I may never visit the boards again - what the hell can't people grasp about finding what works for them and that if it works for you it's not wrong because not everyone is doing it.
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have almost no gas from eating Paleo. I didn't even notice how much less I had until I gave into an old habit and ate some pita chips. Oh my. Gasy and bloated for 12 hours. It only took me a week to see the difference in eating clean. I wish I could convince my family of how much happier they would be.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Not only does my wife approve, but the dogs are ECSTATIC now that they're no longer being blamed for the 'dairy air'. :)

(Oh, and my dogs have vastly decreased their flatulance since I put them on a no-grains dog food)
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    After eating bread on a flight last week (gimme a break, it was silly o'clock in the morning, I was hungry and there was no other food source for another 6 hours) I honestly thought I was getting sick. The gas was just constant, like I'd switched a faucet. Awful. Darned airline. On the way out I'd carefully packed boiled eggs and other safe things, but this was the way back and I had nothing on me to nibble. Cue fart attack. Ugh.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I had some popcorn last night - one of my favorite paleo no-nos...and about an hour later a nice stomach ache...

one thing I have noticed coming from a female perspective is I haven't had PMS - I had horrible PMS - *****y, short temper 2-3 days before my friend would appear...and then the first 2 days I would have bad cramping...since I really dropped the grains out at the beginning of the year no more PMS...even my husband mentioned something to me last month that I didn't get all "yelly" at him....also since I adjusted my macros this pas two months to a lower carb intake - no more cramps...

things that make you go hummmmm