Hello :)

Options
smcfaye
smcfaye Posts: 15 Member
Hi my name is Samantha. I have 140 pounds to lose.

I also have hypothyroidism along with 7 thyroid nodules. I have had 2 thyroid biopsies both came back benign, so the doctor is doing a "wait and see" approach. He keeps on me about losing weight, I did lose some about 2 years ago, but it all came back when I got the nodules.

So, here I am trying to do this... this time is a little different... I am doing it for me, no one else... and I am doing Curves along with MFP.

Wishing everyone a great day :)

Replies

• Go4ithkb
    Go4ithkb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I had had a thyroid condition my whole life. I've done a lot of research on it. I did try to do it all naturally because I refuse to take Synthroid. Because it stops your thyroid that still works.I did not have insurance. I didn't like the way the doctor treated me once my insurance went away. So I did well on natural thyroid as in vitamins. I went to a lecture at a compound pharmacy. It worked but I did not have a doctor to monitor it for me. Naturalopathic doctors cost to much. I crashed last year and they put me back on Armour. My life back has been so good. I got my voice back. I sounded like I was dead...was not far from it. It took a year and now feel so much healthier.

It is frustrating. I don't eat enriched white sugar or bread. No aspartame anything. No prepared foods and still rough time losing. I have an occasional wine. May only occasions. It is chocolate. Which I surrendered the yesterday. I did not beat myself up.

One thing I am finding to all this insanity is the exercise. Being disabled that is not easy. But I'm plugging along. I am seeing my clothes getting bigger already! I do need encouragement when the times get rough.
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi to both of you and welcome to the group!

Keep up the good work on taking control of your disease and your lives!!

I know one thing - now that I'm exercising, I feel my body working better. If only I can get over the barrier (myself!) when I don't FEEL like exercising. That's my biggest stumbling block right now.
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!