Funny Horror

Options
I was watching Return of the Killer Tomatoes last night and got to thinking: what is the best horror comedy? Shaun of the Dead is probably the best made and most well-balanced horror comedy but there is such a broad spectrum of funny out there. What horror movie gave you the most laughs (intentionally or not)?

Replies

• istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    ZOMBIELAND = BEST EVER!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Killer tomatoes was funny - I thought Redneck Zombies was a hoot. Shaun of the Dead is for sure up there in funny horror. House 2 had me laughing for it's cheesmono.
    I just recently saw Tucker and Dale vs. Evil and it had me crackin up.
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Shaun of the Dead was awesome! I also loved Fido. Anyone else seen that?
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I forgot Fido! - good call Izanami66
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    haha, those are all great zombie movies, but what about The Evil Dead series? For me, it is so campy that its funny, especially Army of Darkness.

My brother and I still quote "Goody-too-shoes! Goody-too-shoes!"
  • TakeMyWifePlease
    Options
    Fido, Zombieland, and Tucker and Dale VS Evil were each really good. And the laughing scene in Evil Dead 2 is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time. So good.

If you're an Evil Dead/Bruce Campbell fan check out My Name Is Bruce. It's cheesy but it knows it.

My wife just reminded me that the hardest she ever laughed at a horror movie was at the sleeping bag scene in Jason X.
  • TakeMyWifePlease
    Options
    The House movies are so fun. I always loved the box art as a kid at the video store with the decaying severed hand ringing the doorbell. "Ding dong . . . you're dead!"
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Fido, Zombieland, and Tucker and Dale VS Evil were each really good. And the laughing scene in Evil Dead 2 is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time. So good.

If you're an Evil Dead/Bruce Campbell fan check out My Name Is Bruce. It's cheesy but it knows it.

My wife just reminded me that the hardest she ever laughed at a horror movie was at the sleeping bag scene in Jason X.

My name is Bruce was great! It was uber campy but in a good and funny way. Like that was the point of the movie. To be as campy as possible.

I am going to watch that movie tonight! Having a scary movie night tonight with the gf and we chose "the one with the doorbell hand" as she put it lol
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I love most of the films mentioned but I thought I would throw a few more in to the mix, I love "Black Sheep" and while we're in New Zealand the fantastic "Bad Taste" and "Braindead" - I believe Braindead is know as Dead Alive in the states.

Also National Lampoons "Class Reunion", "April Fool's Day", "Slaughter High" I worry that if I think about it too much I'll move on to films that were meant to be taken seriously.
  • TakeMyWifePlease
    Options
    Braindead (Dead Alive) is one of my favorites. I got to see it at a midnight showing a few years back and the crowd went nuts when the priest yells, "I kick *kitten* for the Lord!" Definitely one the best gore movies with a great sense of humor.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    I love the priest in Braindead, that's one of the funniest lines, I also find it funny as he looks like Father Ted, of course this means nothing if you haven't seen Father Ted! I would recommend it if you haven't but it's a comedy TV show....
  • istalkzombies
    Options
    holy crap wehave let out an fail of epic proportions how has none of us mentioned MARS ATTACKS!!!? Ghoulies and Germlins as well.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    ZOMBIELAND = BEST EVER!
    This

It gives me hope that I could actually survive the zombie apocalypse
  • TakeMyWifePlease
    Options
    holy crap wehave let out an fail of epic proportions how has none of us mentioned MARS ATTACKS!!!? Ghoulies and Germlins as well.

I'll never forget the poster for Ghoulies that was hanging in my local video store as a kid. It had the Ghoulie coming out of the toilet and the tag line was "They'll Get You In The End."
  • LWeiler82
    LWeiler82 Posts: 40
    Options
    Scream :)
    Amongst all those others, of course!
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    Not only funny horror but not very well know. Just been talking about it on another thread.

Wild Zero is one of the best films I've ever seen. Zombies, Aliens and Rock and Roll! Starring Guitar Wolf who were an amazing band.

143059725633513872_UQdzCl2m_c.jpg
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Some of these are great but how about a truly cheesy/funny movie? Anyone check out Killer Klowns from Outer Space on Netflix. I watched it one weekend because it kept coming up at recommended. Clowns keep their prey in cocoons of cotton candy in a funhouse... seriously, I cracked up!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Killer Clowns is hilarious!

JM
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    I still havent finished it. I left off at the part where the suspicious looking popcorn was wiggling suspicously while the girl was in the shower.
  • istalkzombies
    Options
    lol I LOVE Killer Clowns! HILARIOUS!