Running Goals

Options
2»

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    opps... yeah a bit too much.

I'm still on week 2 of b210k, but only because this last week I have been aiming for the race tomorrow, then i get back into training.
  • CaseyAllyssa
    CaseyAllyssa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm checking the site out now. Appreciate it =]
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    A little late to the game here - but I started off more on the treadmill because I started running in the late fall/winter. I highly suggest intervals. Jog at a pace you can talk at and the boosting it up from there. I loved having my base around 6.0 - 6.2 mph. And then my intervals for 1-3 mins at 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5. and go until I'm exhausted and go back to the 6.0-6.2 to get my breathing steady again. I usually did this for 30-40 mins.

Also - remember to add 1-2% incline on your treadmill to mimic the outside running on concrete/roads. And remember that your normal runs should be slower than race day runs.

And I love this site to help me figure out what paces I should be training at.
    http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/index.php/site/calculator

Hope this helps!!

Thanks for sharing the site!! Very helpful!
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I already ran a 5 mile race (49:12) a 5K and I am doing a 25K trail run in 20 days!! Next goal is a 10K in May and a half in November. I also want to improve my 5K time to 25 min or less! Never thought I would be a runner but I am loving it!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    My running goals for the 2012 season are to:
    --Run 3x a week. I'm a cyclist at heart so don't run as much as I should/would like to.
    --Do more specific workouts, as opposed to "just running." Today I did intervals. Only 2 miles but it was harder than I normally work.
    --To get my 5k time to the 33:00 or under mark.

My hopes is that as I run more it will become easier and my heart rate will slow down while running...I'd like to run while pregnant (hopefully in the next 6 months or so) but my HR jumps so high when I run!

Goals already met:
    --Broke down and finally got fitted for shoes. It's made a huge impact already.
    --Finished a 5k in 35 degree weather with 30 MPH wind gusts in 36:00. (I usually wimp out when the weather isn't great.)
  • trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My primary goal is pretty simple: keep running injury free through the season. I have my last (planned) sizable event in August and at least one other pretty big one in between now & then. I've been running for many years but am just now learning how to really take better care for my soft tissue. So far it seems to be working! Well, that and losing about 10 pounds has helped :laugh:
  • jillybean9881
    jillybean9881 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    May 6 - half marathon. I would live to run sub-2 hours. Not sure if I can, but we'll see!
  • trogers802
    trogers802 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If my old legs hold out I hope to run a 50k next year.
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ran my 2nd 1/2 marathon yesterday. My goal was to do it in 9 and a 1/2 minute per mile average and ended up doing it in 2 hours 10 seconds. (around 9 min mile :) ) I am very happy with myself to achieve that, and really just ran at a speed that felt good.

I am going to run a 10k next month for fun and am going to register for my first full marathon that will take place this fall.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    can i say we all hve some fantastic goals.

Well done to what you have achieved already.
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    I'm going to aim to complete an 8km in August.

I am aiming to run the whole way. That is all.

I am a fairly recent c25k graduate - about two months ago and I've just been running three days a week at varying distances whilst uni is in full swing. Hoping to get back into Bridge to 10k in June or maybe just figure out a way to train for the 8k and then pick the 10k back up from where I'm comfortable.

I have some more long term goals, but the 8k is my most pressing. It'll be my first ever race!

Edit - I have no idea really about times as I don't have a watch (I am saving up for a Garmin - cannot wait!) But I would definitely like to aim for getting a 5k time under 30 minutes, possibly next year. I've been doing a bit of speed intervals on the treadmill, but it will be a long process getting me in the best possible shape for speed. But I love that I'm feeling so strong - endurance wise. God, I'm pumped just thinking about this 8k race!!!
  • CaseyAllyssa
    CaseyAllyssa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I recently started running outside more and i just signed up for my first 5k. I hope to do it in 30 minutes or less, so fingers crossed =].