new to the group

Options

Replies

• fbranch7
    fbranch7 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am new the the group - just joined mfp today! I will need support and prayers! Good luck to all!!!
  • ALHicks
    ALHicks Posts: 145
    Options
    Hi! I'm Monica - I'm a total newbie! My sweet sister sent me an iinvite and I think this is just the tool I'll need to get started :) I've got a long way to go but I've done it before so I know I can do it again. It's just such a long road. Oh well, here I go again :)

Welcome Monica- I hope you that that this group is the kind of motivation and support you need.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    I'm new too. Love MFP! I'm getting married May 12th. I'm not trying to lose weight for the wedding - I just don't want to die early now that I've found my soulmate.

Congrats on the sole mate and we are happy to have you here
  • ALHicks
    Options
    Hello all! I am new the the group - just joined mfp today! I will need support and prayers! Good luck to all!!!

I would love to have the group give you the support and prayers you need. Good luck to you.
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am new to the group as well. I have been reading many inspirational blogs and hope to add my own as well in the future. I would love to participate in the weekly challenges. I thinks it helps keep me on track. I have gone back to the gym and I am sharing a trainer with a friend. It is a bit embarrassing to go and work out but I know it is the best way for me to lose weight. Our trainer is vey supportive an encouraging and he really challenges me to go out of my comfort zone when working out. Good luck to everyone.
  • kristymarie212
    Options
    Hi everyone!

How is everyone doing? I am new to this group as well as MyFitnessPal! I am excited to be starthing this journey! I look forward to making new friends and attacking this weight once and for all. Anyone have any tips??

Kristy
  • ALHicks
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am new to the group as well. I have been reading many inspirational blogs and hope to add my own as well in the future. I would love to participate in the weekly challenges. I thinks it helps keep me on track. I have gone back to the gym and I am sharing a trainer with a friend. It is a bit embarrassing to go and work out but I know it is the best way for me to lose weight. Our trainer is vey supportive an encouraging and he really challenges me to go out of my comfort zone when working out. Good luck to everyone.

Welcome to the group. I can so understand the embarrasing part about the gym. I just have to block everyone out and tell myself if I keep doing this they will all be watching because it will be amazing how much I lose. :)
  • ALHicks
    Options
    Hi everyone!

How is everyone doing? I am new to this group as well as MyFitnessPal! I am excited to be starthing this journey! I look forward to making new friends and attacking this weight once and for all. Anyone have any tips??

Kristy

Hello Kristy welcome to MFP and the group. My tip is to surround yourself with people who lift you up and that so much of this weight loss journey is a mind game. Stay strong and motivated and you will succeed.
  • jenniboo311
    jenniboo311 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new and have never joined any kind of group, and perhaps that is part of my problem. It's great to see everyone so positive and supportive and I feel very encouraged to see my journey through to the end.

I've always enjoyed food a bit too much and fitness activities too little. I am at a time in my life now where this weight has to come off or I can look forward to all kinds of health problems. All along I've been saying, "I'll start my diet tomorrow..." and tomorrow never comes. Well this is tomorrow.

Please feel free to add me. :)
  • shymom05
    shymom05 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Howdy All, I am also new to the group and mfp. I have been on mfp for almost a month and find it very helpful. I am 29 and started at 285 now 271 i am also 5'8. After 2 kids i had excuse after excuse on why i couldnt workout, but i have come to the point in my life that i need a change. I want to lose 100 or more pounds by july of next year.
  • maybebaby40
    Options
    Hi All

I have been doing MFP for alittle over a month and so far so good- I do feel alittle change in the way my clothes fit and the exercise/elipitical bike is not a clothes rack any more. I have 2 toddler grandchildren that live with me and one teenager- and a husband. So I do try to cook healthy now for all of us.

I am not the best cook- but love the skinny taste recipes I have tried. My diary is open and I love to look at others to get new ideas.-
  • ALHicks
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new and have never joined any kind of group, and perhaps that is part of my problem. It's great to see everyone so positive and supportive and I feel very encouraged to see my journey through to the end.

I've always enjoyed food a bit too much and fitness activities too little. I am at a time in my life now where this weight has to come off or I can look forward to all kinds of health problems. All along I've been saying, "I'll start my diet tomorrow..." and tomorrow never comes. Well this is tomorrow.

Please feel free to add me. :)

Well welcome to the group and I hope you learn to love your tomorrow.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    Howdy All, I am also new to the group and mfp. I have been on mfp for almost a month and find it very helpful. I am 29 and started at 285 now 271 i am also 5'8. After 2 kids i had excuse after excuse on why i couldnt workout, but i have come to the point in my life that i need a change. I want to lose 100 or more pounds by july of next year.

Welcome to the group we are happy to have you. And I have faith that if you give it your all you WILL LOSE the weight.
  • tonyaf78
    tonyaf78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on MFP for about 2 months. I have lost 20lbs so far and have a long way to go (106lbs). I have only 10 active friends and I am looking for more.
  • linda768
    linda768 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been lurking for quite a while. I want to lose 100 pounds, give or take. I'm 5' 11", large frame and 294. Any advise or encouragement would be great.
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Melissa and I am new to the group! I have been on MFP for a few months and I have lost 18lbs so far. I need to lose another 120lbs! I don't have any friends "in real life" who need to lose 100lbs or more so I thought it would be nice to join a group with people experiencing some of the same challenges. Feel free to add me as a friend I am here to support and cheer you on and hopefully vice versa!
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been lurking for quite a while. I want to lose 100 pounds, give or take. I'm 5' 11", large frame and 294. Any advise or encouragement would be great.

^^ I think this is the best way to start ~ surrounding yourself with people who have similar goals. I have always tried to do this on my own and I can tell you it doesn't work as well. When you surround yourself with others it helps because if you fall off you have people around to ask how you are doing or where you've been and it helps you get up a little faster. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • linda768
    linda768 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thank you Lissa.
  • ALHicks
    Options

Hello Linda I am about the same make up. I am 5' 11" and 305 when I started. I agree with what Lissa said MFP is a great way to start. It gives you support and keeps you accountable. I can always tell when I have had a not so good day eating/exercising wise and a factor is usually that I didn't get on MFP all day. Find an activity you love doing so it doesn't feel like "exercise" and just know that as long as you are doing something you are passing the person sitting on the couch.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Melissa and I am new to the group! I have been on MFP for a few months and I have lost 18lbs so far. I need to lose another 120lbs! I don't have any friends "in real life" who need to lose 100lbs or more so I thought it would be nice to join a group with people experiencing some of the same challenges. Feel free to add me as a friend I am here to support and cheer you on and hopefully vice versa!

Welcome to the group Melissa and way to go on your success already.