Does anyone else have a hard time staying with in there calo

Options
Grrrrr somedays I'm just so hungry but I make myself log them ALL in hopes it will help...

What do yall do when to stop from eating everything in site??

Replies

• inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Distractions are good for the munchies. Personally, exercise actually makes me less hungry... at least for an hour or two after a good workout... and gives me more calories I can eat! After a week or two, your stomach starts adjusting to the smaller portions per meal and it get's easier...
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I always have a hard time staying within my calories. I partly blame my husband who is 6'4". For some reason, even though I know I cannot eat as much as he can, I still "try" to.

I agree with inside_lap, exercise helps. The more I exercise, the less I find myself wanting to eat. I have also found that if I can restrain myself for 2-3 weeks, my stomach starts to adjust.
  • musiclvr54
    musiclvr54 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. i ASKED THE NURSE WHO WEIGHED US AT WORK YESTERDAY AND SHE SAID TO TRY AND ADD MORE FIBER TO MY DIET AND THAT MIGHT HELP FILL ME UP AND STAY WITH ME LONGER. I GUESS I WILL GIVE IT A TRY AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. PLUS I AM GOING TO TRY TO EXERCISE MORE BECAUSE MY SCALES SEEM TO BE STUCK AND WON'T GO DOWN. :laugh:
  • yellowpear
    yellowpear Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I agree with Music. I too heard that fiber keeps us full. I used to have fiber supplements from Amway. Not sure if it worked. But I did feel better & less swollen.

It will be tough initially. But you have to control. I had this problem. I will eat up almost everything in sight & I had to finish it off in one go. One thing helped to get a grip. Not sure if it is healthy. I did the cabbage soup diet. It was tough. But I kept reminding myself that it is only few days. I had headaches. But it was worth the struggle. It gave me a little control. After that I concentrated on eating less. It will take time. Finally you will be able to control yourself. & Exercising will also help. Once you realise that you are losing weight, you will not want to look back.

& you could have a day Off every week. That day alone you can eat whatever you love to eat but lesser portions. Adjust any extra calories by subtracting from the other days.
  • shewanna
    shewanna Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    sometimes..I have a nasty soda habit..and soda is full of calories..but its so hard to give it up co:wink: mpletely
  • chinowitz
    Options
    Protein and fiber and seltzer water all help keep me full. I'm on a 1,200 cal/day regimen and it's shocking how little food that ends up being!

I space out my food in small portions throughout the day so that I can 'graze' feel like I can be eating every hour or two as I lke.

I keep little tasty lo-cal 'treats' handy for snacking and that keeps me going and satiateded between meals. For example:

-A lite Wasa cracker and 1/2 oz of gruyere cheese (about 90 calories)
    -4 grams of really rich,dark chocolate (depends on the brand, but can be fewer than 20 calories)
    -cantaloupes (one cup is about 60 calories)
  • chinowitz
    Options
    When there's something high in calories that I really want to eat (like some cheesecake), I calculate how much I need to exercise in order to be able to 'afford' those calories and that either makes me stop wanting it (LOL), or I will do the exercise and then eat it!
  • jillybean9881
    jillybean9881 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When I'm having a craving, I will (1) chew gum - sometimes the flavor satisfies me, (2) drink a diet soda - again, the flavor and sensation of drinking may satisfy me, or (3) have a 100-calorie snack.
  • simples88
    simples88 Posts: 51
    Options
    I sometimes struggle to get to my 1200, plus if I exercise I know I must eat more that day but exercise really does kill my appetite. Personally I've been taking African mango supplements which are natural and supposed to help suppress appetite and increase metabolism helping you burn more. Over the last few weeks I've seen movement on the scales and I don't struggle with my food; it's working for me! Fibre, or rather low gi foods are good to incorporate into your diet anyway.
    I've been doing this now since mid jan and its been a slow weight loss at first but if you stick with it your body does come used to eating less. Also, water is key for killing off munchies. If I don't drink alot I get the munchies!
  • laurenmeyerherr
    Options
    If you're hungry and never were before - that might be your metabolism kicking in - and that's a good thing. It took a solid month of exercising every day and sticking to the net 1200 diet before I finally saw that da** scale move. It can be very discouraging believe me. I've now lost 3 1/2 pounds and each week I am seeing the scale starting to creep down. I consider it a victory if I lose any weight, any fat, maintain the weight I've lost, or even if my clothes just don't feel as tight. Take whatever victory you can. The weight didn't go on in a day or a week or month - it took years. It takes time to reverse the body's trend to add fat.

If you are doing everything right, your body is changing - try measuring different parts of your body (beyond the neck, waist, hips this website tells you to) - measure arms, calves, wrist, ankles, thigh - I bet you'll see that you are in fact losing fat even though the scale hasn't caught up with it yet. Stay with it - you will see results - everyone loses weight differently and there's no magic pill or bullet to this. It's just hard work. When that cupcake is staring me in the face - I say to myself "nothing tastes as good as it feels to be thin." Stick that on your fridge and hang in there.
  • rmh84
    rmh84 Posts: 28
    Options
    The ONLY thing that has allowed me to stick to the 1400 cal diet I've set for myself is I take PGX, which is a fiber suplement. NOTHING else I've ever tried works, but this did for some reason.

I had tried a 1200 cal diet, but after 3 weeks i had not lost a thing, so I upped it and had lost 3 lbs at the next weigh in. It was also easy to make the 1200, but I'm happier on 1400.