April 2012 - Week 1

Options
PoppiSeed
PoppiSeed Posts: 38 Member
Hi guys,

This challenge is an easy one. We'll be tracking our exercises (cardio), fitness minutes, calories burnt, weight gained or lost and add a few notes on what you did that could have contributed to either result every week. You get points for blogging about your challenges and triumphs this week, as well as changes you've made and habits you've kicked or kept.

We have 15 months of losing 100+ pounds and have lots of fun and I could use some ideas to spice up our weekly challenges. Everyone, please send me a message and share and I'll add them to the weekly challenges.

Week 1 begins on the 26th of March 2012 (today) and is entitled April because it's already close to April.

Please copy and paste the template below for this week, add and update information as you go through the week.

Week 1:smile:
Week 0 weight:
Current Weight:
Loss/Gain:

Weekly Fitness Tracking:
Cardio minutes:
Calories burnt:

Did you blog (10p):

Notes:

Replies

• PoppiSeed
    PoppiSeed Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Week 1:smile:
    Week 0 weight: 260lb
    Current Weight: 260.4lb
    Loss/Gain: +0.4lb:sad: :sad:

Weekly Fitness Tracking:
    Cardio minutes: 8
    Calories burnt: 142

Did you blog(10p): Yes
    But I'm still managing not to exercise... I don't know how to get started and I'm just concentrating on eating healthy for now. I'll take it as it comes... hopefully a change happens soon

Notes:
    I haven't been active at all for the past two / three weeks and this week I'd like to do a bit of cardio and I won't pre-plan any schedule, I'll just get up and do what I feel like doing for as long as I'm able to do it. I want to have fun with exercising, like dancing, I don't want it to be a chore! Let's see how day 1 of week 1 of the first challenge goes. On Monday morning (02-04-2012), I'll be posting the final tracked fitness minutes and calories burnt, and hopefully update my weight (with the scale going towards the right direction).
    I'm having a lot of things to deal with and I'm unable to concentrate on my goals as much as I want but I'm trying
  • ladybug8814
    ladybug8814 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    Week 0 weight:
    Current Weight: 351
    Loss/Gain:

Weekly Fitness Tracking:
    Cardio minutes:
    Calories burnt:

Did you blog (10p):

I have been active for a couple of months now. I am doing about 20mins of Zumbia in the morning 3 times a week and spending my lunch doing 20 minutes of either the elliptical or stationary bike at least 3 times a week. Goal this week is to up the times in the morning and maybe add an extra work out or two. It will be Monday 4-9 before I will report how much lost just because I only weigh at my nutriention appointments. I don't want to let the number on the scales conquer me.
  • Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    Week 0 weight: 294
    Current Weight:
    Loss/Gain:

Weekly Fitness Tracking:
    Cardio minutes:
    Calories burnt:

Did you blog (10p): yes - my challenge this week is water. I'm trying to get in the habit of drinking 64 oz. daily. I'm just finishing a bout with plantar faciitis so my exercising has been a little off, but I am working on it. So I guess that is a challenge as well, but I'm really trying to muscle my way through and at least do some mild walking to get things started. Last weekend we did a hike in Blackwater River State Park nature trail with our boys. It was hard with my foot hurting a little, but I made it without stopping. We walked for 1.5 hours.
  • Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    pretty quiet week...is everyone still here? :yawn:
  • snappy_mom
    snappy_mom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    Week 0 weight: 249
    Current Weight: 247.6
    Loss/Gain: 1.4

Weekly Fitness Tracking:
    Cardio minutes: 2400
    Calories burnt: 2446

Did you blog (10p): no

Notes: This week I worked out everyday and got on the elliptical for at least 25 minutes everyday. I spent 4 days strength training as well. onight I went to the gym by myself (my husband usually goes with me, but he hurt his knee). I spent 20 on the elliptical and ran for 4.3 miles, then worked out on the cybex machines and then finished off with 12 minutes on the elliptical. It was really tough as tonight we had pizza. This weekend was my birthday and I have over indulged on the food. So, I should really be glad to see a loss. I wore a skirt to church today that was too small last fall and that was very encouraging. Hoping to have a good week this week!

*Sorry, I misunderstood and thought this was to start today (April 1) and that's why I haven't posted anything.
  • snappy_mom
    snappy_mom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My sister suffers from pf as well. Be sure that you ice your foot after exercise and stretch it everymorning. She has been icing hers everyday, even if she didn't really do anything strenuous, and says it feels so much better. I had a bout with it a few years back and it lasted about a year and a half. Not fun to wake up every morning and feel like your foot is drawn up and have needle sharp pain. Best of luck to you.