OUTRAGEOUS DREAMS

Options
PoppiSeed
PoppiSeed Posts: 38 Member
Dear Group Members,

Welcome to "Have fun losing 100+ pounds in 15 months", I'm glad to have you on board. I hope we'll all teach each other a lot and also learn as much before our 15 months are over. So please feel free to post, share, ask, freakout and even just "smiley" everyone in the group. First things first, FUN, FREEDOM and less STRESS:explode:

Remember to invite some friends who might benefit the "destress" corner our group will provide. There will be challenges and there will be goals set in place but FUN and STRAIN will never be said in the same breath :smile: ... All you have to do is "p-a-r-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-e", I know it's scary :noway: but you can brave it out :smile:

What is the one dream that you "secretly" have that you are even scared to admit it to yourself because you feel you're too "big" for it? Well I'll go first, mine is ... I want to be a fashion designer and showcase my own clothes. I studied Fashion for two years after high school and then dropped out, but even when I went back to studying and working in Finance, I still feel "lost" and out of sync with my true self. I want to achieve this dream:blushing:

Replies

• echowilde
    Options
    I want to do silks and trapeze work. Ever seen a concert dvd of p!nk, where she's twirling in the air?

That.

But l have to lose weight first, and conquer my fear of heights.

But l will do it!
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I want to run a half marathon. But I also have been battling plantar fascitis for 8 years so maybe that really is unreasonable. I just want to go to movies, trips, events and not worry about seating being too small or not enough space. That would be really nice... Also, would love to take my girls to the pool but I will not be going to the local pool to swim any time soon! Would not be caught in my suit around town.
  • skb12573
    Options
    Maybe I would take up ballet! I love to watch my girls in their lessons. Wouldn't that be awesome!
  • PoppiSeed
    PoppiSeed Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    awesome indeed!
  • Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have two dreams - I'd like to learn to dance like "dancing with the stars" and I'd like to learn kickboxing. Right now I'm not very limber but those are two things I would love to see myself doing in a year. I know my husband would be supportive of this dream and do it with me, but I'm scared to step out there right now and try it because of my weight.
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I just joined this group and I am new to MFP. One of my dreams is to learn to sail. I love the ocean and boating. I also want start swing dancing again. I am actually pretty good but I would like to feel better about how I look when dancing.
    Thanks
  • ladybug8814
    ladybug8814 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I have two dreams. I would love to be physically fit enough to hike down the Grand Canyon and I want to learn how to belly dance.

Sounds crazy but I think it would be fun.
  • skb12573
    Options
    I would love to do hiking like that! Sounds awesome!
  • skb12573
    Options
    She looks amazing doing that, I hope you ge to fulfill your drea, That would be really neat!
  • skb12573
    Options
    I am new to MFP too. Been here al little over a week and I love it! Great tracking tool! I have been trying to lose weight since early February. Glad I found this site to help me!
  • ladybug8814
    Options
    skb....welcome. Glad you decided to join us in our journeys together.
  • pinkmm86
    pinkmm86 Posts: 5
    Options
    One of the main things that l want to achieve, even though it sounds silly to others, is crossing my legs. I have been overweight since I was about 9 years old. I have always wanted to be able to cross my legs easily and without effort. I see people do it like second nature and it bothers me that I cant because my legs are to thick. When I tell people that this is one of my goals, especially if they are thin, they find it silly because crossing their legs happens without even thinking about it, but when they realize that I cant, they seem to understand. So for me, the day that I can cross my legs with little to no effort, will be the day that I will probably cry out of excitment. lol. - Ruby
  • ladybug8814
    Options
    Pink--There is nothing silly about that. I understand completely because like you I have been heavy most of my life and unable to do just that. For those people that think it is silly....I say let them walk a mile in our shoes. They can't understand until they have experienced it.
  • snappy_mom
    snappy_mom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds kinda catty, but I just don't let weight hold me back from things anymore. Yes, I would love to look smokin hot for my hubby in something skimpy, but just cause I don't have the body yet it don't stop me from trying, and losing over 25 pounds has given me so much more confidence. Believe me, confidence IS sexy!
    I used to say, "when I lose the weight...then I will________", but no more. I was watching the show "RUBY", maybe you have seen it, and watching her (at a bigger size than me) doing things that I thought I was too big for, was revealing. It made me realize that maybe, JUST MAYBE, it wasn't my size that was holding me back from doing things, but it was the fact that I was holding back on life, that was making me the size I am. I'm not waiting to live anymore.

Things planned for me that I THOUGHT would have to wait until I lost wait

1- whitewater rafting -going as soon as school is out
    2- roller skating - put on roller blades just last month
    3- running - taking it slow and being very careful (had a compression fracture once for doing too much too soon) but doing it
    4-going to the amusement park and riding ALL the rides (going with my family and my sis and her family this summer!)

But, getting real, there are a few things that I will have to wait for and I really want to do.
    1-have my tummy flap removed (3 c-sections caused this even before I was obese)
    2-wear a size 7 jean like I did when I got married
    3-get my blood sugar under control and out of pre-diabetes range

So, I guess I have some dreams afterall. But in the meantime, I am enjoying who I am and living life. I'm not going to sit on the sidelines!!!!