New here.

Options
Hi everyone im new here in the Group. Im 33 and after having a hysterectomy last summer, i am in need of help losing the weight will dealing with Menopause.

Replies

• BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you'll find lots of encouragement here. I really like that I can post my frustrations/disappointments and get positive responses that lift me up. :smile:

I think what most of us in this group have found is that the weight will come off SLOWLY but it will come off if we are diligent in our exercise and eating. Know that your hormones have a huge impact on your whole being.
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    Thanks!
  • missjenn35
    missjenn35 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Jenn and I am 35. I have been in menopause since May of 2008. I need to lose about 50 lbs. Nice to meet you! It feels terrible to be so young and deal with this stuff. I completely understand.
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 37 years old. Just found your site thru a post I saw from someone else. I am so glad I found this group. I had an emergency hysterectomy in Oct of 08. I joined MFP in Jan and have lost 17 pounds. I dont think it could come off any slower. I am grateful those pounds are gone though. I have about 50 more to lose.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! You'll find SO much support here!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. It does take a little more diligence, but you can lose the weight.

Just keep track as honestly as you can, get a little exercise 3-5 times a week, drink plenty of water, get enough sleep, and try to minimize stress.
  • 0BigLouie0
    Options
    Hi; I just joined the group. I'm 50, and had an emergency hysterectomy about a year ago. I still have an ovary, but it's menopause time for me anyway, so I'm more or less on schedule. It's great to have a community to share with and get/give encouragement! I've not had much of a weight problem before, but I've been watching the pounds creep up these past years & want to stop that creep before it gets too out of hand.
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me to their friends list if they want. However I am on the verge of quitting the whole weight loss thing...