Well, THIS Is going to sound kind of awkward...

Options
Hi everyone - some of you may remember me as a guy that has a huge amount of weight loss to lose that was trying to post on r/keto and keep daily updates here. Things were beginning to go well after some set backs, but I ended up having some people from reddit...ummm...stalk me (doesn't appear to be actual people who post sincerely in /r/keto, just looks like some trolls from the general reddit that have a thing for putting down heavy people). It was kind of freaking me out, not to mention depressing and making me not want to come on here and post anything.

There is really no way to deal with it except delete the reddit account and profile here - if you call out the trolls you feed them. They want you to call them out, thats why they troll. However, I had such a nice group of people who were regularly being so nice and encouraging as I try to lose all that weight. I want to try to get most of them added back!

I still need that sort of "accountability" that someone is watching....I just need it to be friendly people and stalkerish hating people :) And now I will feel much more comfortable about posting DAILY which I need to be doing. I am 99% sure the trolls in question never read the keto subforum here, lets hope I was correct.

If none of this makes any sense to you, just ignore the thread.

Replies

• glycophobe
    glycophobe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What the F. Trolls. I will be your friend and kick some troll *kitten*.
  • Erinjbf
    Erinjbf Posts: 4
    Options
    You know what reddit has a lot of: giant gaping *kitten*...

I'm sure if you continue here, rather than there, those jerks will move along.

If not, you have the option of setting your MFP profile to private or friends only (under settings/privacy settings).

Good luck, you are off to a good start.
  • Jefster
    Jefster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the trolls, as they are just intent on making your successes seem smaller so that they feel better about themselves.

While I am on r/Keto, I don't remember this thread. Why were they attacking you? If you don't want to relive it here, I totally understand.

And yes accountability is important, but I think things like r/Keto and MFP is about support for common goals that has a much better benefit.

I've been doing a progressive Ketogenic diet for about a year, and while I have had success it's not the level of success I want personally. I think in the last 3 months, I've really been doing research to dial in a strategy that works for me. I'm much more educated and informed now, that I think the last year was just the growing period.

So MFP, FitBit, and r/Keto are going to be my tools to drive to the success, and I'm hoping all of you in those circles can help me achieve it.

Trolls just be Jelly, and we know how bad that is for you...