Week 5, Run 3

Options
kaned_ferret
kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
Ooooh it's crept up on me, this evening I shall be doing that big old 20 minute run! It seems like such a jump from the 8 minute ones from the last session!

So, now I ask for hints, tips, and plenty of motivational speeches - I will need em! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm a couple of weeks behind you... so please let us know how it goes!

Good luck!
  • graycaro
    graycaro Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did this run a couple of weeks ago! It was hard for me mentally at first, but once you get past the mental block that you are running nonstop for 20 minutes you can kind of get in a rhythm and forget about the time. I felt so wonderful after successfully completing that run; you'll love it :)
  • lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you can, definitely try to do the run outside. It helped me immensely to be outside and not on a treadmill.

Reemmber to just take it at your own pace. I didn't think I could do it, but once I hit the 10 minute mark, it actually felt like the last 10 minutes flew by!
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    If you can, definitely try to do the run outside. It helped me immensely to be outside and not on a treadmill.

Reemmber to just take it at your own pace. I didn't think I could do it, but once I hit the 10 minute mark, it actually felt like the last 10 minutes flew by!

Absolutely agree with the above - the first five I thought no way I'd make it to twenty, then after 10 and 15 breezed past I was just enjoying myself. I can hold my hands up and say I can run for 20 minutes - it's all downhill from here! (in a good way lol)

I've been doing the programme outside from day 1, including in a full set of waterproofs in the driving rain during week 2, so now my current beach-side, sunny evening runs are a sheer pleasure!
  • MissEmilie2011
    MissEmilie2011 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did this run a couple of weeks ago! It was hard for me mentally at first, but once you get past the mental block that you are running nonstop for 20 minutes you can kind of get in a rhythm and forget about the time. I felt so wonderful after successfully completing that run; you'll love it :)

I felt the same way when I did this day. It is definitely a mental thing. My mind kept saying it's okay to stop and walk, but I really had to fight it and set little goals for myself. I can make it to the next tree, to the next fence. etc. until the timer finally ran out and I was finished. It felt amazing to get through it. Good luck and you can do it! :smile:
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

Absolutely agree with the above - the first five I thought no way I'd make it to twenty, then after 10 and 15 breezed past I was just enjoying myself. I can hold my hands up and say I can run for 20 minutes - it's all downhill from here! (in a good way lol)

I've been doing the programme outside from day 1, including in a full set of waterproofs in the driving rain during week 2, so now my current beach-side, sunny evening runs are a sheer pleasure!

Great job!! Congratulations on your 20 minute run! :drinker: