Anyone on Medifast with your doctor?

Options
tamanella
tamanella Posts: 500 Member
Hi there! I'm getting ready to go on Medifast with my doctor where I'm strictly on 5 shakes a day, no food at all, just zero calorie beverages. I was just wondering if I'm alone on this one or if someone else is out there on it??

Replies

• lissa71
    lissa71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am not but I think I read some place that is originally how medifast was used. It has evolved to bars, puffs etc over time.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I think that is how it started. Are you sure they don't want you to do 6 meals? 5 is awfully low. Also is it for a short amount of time?
  • DotKey28
    DotKey28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My doctor suggested I go on Medifast and he provided me with a coach to call. I started 3 weeks and 3 days ago and have lost 9 1/2 pounds so far, which is great for me. But I am on 5 Medifast meals plus 1 lean and green. Also, I am not limited to shakes but can choose from all of the meals except the maintenance bars. Why does your doctor want you on so little and only shakes? This concerns me.
  • AJHarman
    AJHarman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your doctor knows something that we don't? Medifast use to be liquid (shakes) diet but now is so much more! In fact Take Shape For Life is a complete optimal health program that teaches you how to keep it off for good. I personally have not heard of anyone doing it the way that you are (5 Medifast shakes a day only) but again I'm not a doctor and don't know your medical history. You probably won't find many if anyone that is on that specific diet but that doesn't mean anything. Glad to have you on here! Looking forward to watching your progress.