Any runners ?

Options
Charlotte012
Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
Hello ladies!

I have started running about a year ago (i could then ran about... 2 mins max) and finally completed my first 5k last week. I am starting calling myself a runner (although I am very slow!) and I signed up for a 10k this summer and a half-marathon in the fall. I would really like to know other sisters into running to motivate ourselves.

Anyone? Feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I just started the c25k and have done two 5k races. There is a great organization called blacks girls run and they have groups in almost every state. They always do races together check em out:)
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    slow runner here! i'm doing a 10k next month.
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lexie! There seems to be a group in my town!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    slow runner in the house
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    just saw this group on MFP (that i joined...I'm a chronic timewaster and reader of message boards..LOL)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/47-happy-feet-runners-unite
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lexie! There seems to be a group in my town!

YAY awesome!! hope you get a chance to join them
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly plodding along. More the tortoise than the hare. Just able to jog-really shuffle along for 3 miles (nearly 5k). Trying to work my way up to do a 5K soon. Need to improve stamina and speed. Also have a bit of concern about left knee-Ortho appt. scheduled.
  • Rohbean
    Rohbean Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I bought an MP3 running program called "4 Weeks to 1 Mile", and just completed it on Thursday! Each week has a different program that you listen to while running (the guy tells you when to run and when to walk) and by the end, your stamina should have built up to the point where you can run 1 mile non-stop. I was so proud of myself. It's funny that it was easier for me to run a mile than it was for me run non-stop for just a minute or so when I first started the program.

I'm about to buy the next program called "8 Weeks to 5K". Next goal will be to complete that. =)