How do you survive the weekends?

Summerlove1993
Summerlove1993 Posts: 102 Member
Okay, so we had a school breakfast today. I usually skip those, but then I feel like I might be acting antisocial. So, for the first time in 2012, I attended the monthly breakfast. I had a cup of coffee and avoided all of the food which consisted of doughnuts, bagels, egg casserole, etc.

Tonite we are going to a hockey game and having pizza beforehand. I've already figured out my calories, and I am limiting myself to two slices. By eating beforehand, I am avoiding the utterly tempting food court at the arena.

How do all of you deal with going out and having fun while staying on your eating plan? :drinker:

Replies

• mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    I do exactly what you mentioned. I plan ahead and save my calories for having fun. Sometimes I do an extra workout to earn an extra drink, slice of pizza, etc.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 486 Member
    I do exactly what you mentioned. I plan ahead and save my calories for having fun. Sometimes I do an extra workout to earn an extra drink, slice of pizza, etc.

^^^This...but since I really stink at planning ahead...mostly have to do extra workout (now that I've started to workout!)!!!!!
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Okay, so we had a school breakfast today. I usually skip those, but then I feel like I might be acting antisocial. So, for the first time in 2012, I attended the monthly breakfast. I had a cup of coffee and avoided all of the food which consisted of doughnuts, bagels, egg casserole, etc.

Tonite we are going to a hockey game and having pizza beforehand. I've already figured out my calories, and I am limiting myself to two slices. By eating beforehand, I am avoiding the utterly tempting food court at the arena.

How do all of you deal with going out and having fun while staying on your eating plan? :drinker:

This is a tough one... I was raised that friends/family/food all go together, and usually one doesn't surround themselves with their least favorite foods when with family/friends, but rather their favorites. I personally carry a little bag of almonds in my purse - this helps take the edge off being hungry, for me...but will confess that I'm not usually eating out of hunger when sitting and visiting. Being extra vigilant and cognizant of the calorie content is important - but challenging to implement in the moment. I know that I'm going out after church tonight with a group to celebrate my son's 21st b-day...I'm definitely planning to save up some calories - but pretty sure I will be somewhat over (I already know the calorie content of what I'm planning to have!) Also, a friend and my hubby (who are both on MFP) are planning to "share", so none of us will feel too guilty! :)

For the record, pizza is my fave food! I have switched to Papa Murphy's Delite pizzas - as regular pizzas are loaded with calories. As someone told me - don't be afraid to pick off the meat and veggies and leave the crust/cheese...

12029845.png
  • Summerlove1993
    Well, would you like to know how I did? I made it to Sunday after church without any major issues. I lost it at the Palm Sunday Brunch. I didn't overindulge, but the foods I did eat, croissant, egg casserole, bacon, eclair, brownie, were super fattening choices. Now, there was an entire section that I skipped over with mac & cheese, lasagna, and various other lunch/dinner items. I chose breakfast foods and dessert. Yes, I could have sat with a cup of coffee like I did Friday morning, but my resolve was gone. However, I definitely controlled my portions and didn't get seconds. I could have been better, but I could have been a lot worse.

I'm back to normal eating today. There are no jelly beans in my house like there would ordinarily be this time of year (my favorites are the Russell Stover purple and red ones). There are no cream eggs. No candy to speak of except for my husband's white chocolate bunny which is in no way tempting to me. The darker the chocolate, the better in my opinion.

On Maundy Thursday, dinner will be at church before the service. My daughter's confirmation class and I are performing a reinactment. I will either eat before at home or just eat a little there.

Easter will be quite the challenge. We are eating at my nephew's. He is a gourmet chef/restaurant owner. His cooking is to die for, so I will be eating his rich food, but I can promise that I will control my portions.

How will you handle the holiday?
  • Emmidoodah
    Emmidoodah Posts: 21 Member
    I'm going to buy everyone else Easter eggs and I'm going order a lovely par of amber earrings I've had my eye on for ages to reward myself for being good!
  • katmix

This is a tough one... I was raised that friends/family/food all go together, and usually one doesn't surround themselves with their least favorite foods when with family/friends, but rather their favorites. I personally carry a little bag of almonds in my purse - this helps take the edge off being hungry, for me...but will confess that I'm not usually eating out of hunger when sitting and visiting. Being extra vigilant and cognizant of the calorie content is important - but challenging to implement in the moment. I know that I'm going out after church tonight with a group to celebrate my son's 21st b-day...I'm definitely planning to save up some calories - but pretty sure I will be somewhat over (I already know the calorie content of what I'm planning to have!) Also, a friend and my hubby (who are both on MFP) are planning to "share", so none of us will feel too guilty! :)

For the record, pizza is my fave food! I have switched to Papa Murphy's Delite pizzas - as regular pizzas are loaded with calories. As someone told me - don't be afraid to pick off the meat and veggies and leave the crust/cheese...

12029845.png

I didn't do near as well Friday pm (after church) as I planned... A group of the kids from church and various family members went to Applebee's to celebrate my son's 21st b-day (and after 9pm - appetizers are half price)...hubby and I split BBQ wings and we each had a basket of fries. On TOP of that...I ordered a Blondie (a warm maplenut cake with frosting and ice cream) I think five of us split it - but pretty safe to say I ate at least a quarter if not a third of it! Ouch!

Palm Sunday, I put on my little black lace dress because it makes me feel slim. Ha! It was so baggy (front and back) I looked like a sack of potatoes (and my kids told me they'd never seen a sack of potatoes that big! Had to quickly change into something smaller...

I'm finding that it really bothers me to hide under baggy clothes...
  • Summerlove1993
    I agree. I don't like to hide under baggy clothes either. Have you ever watched TLC's "What Not To Wear?" I don't even know if it is on anymore. But, Stacey & Clinton taught me how to dress for my figure. If you get a chance, it is worth the time to view some old episodes, especially the ones that aren't about tiny women. :wink:
  • katmix
    I agree. I don't like to hide under baggy clothes either. Have you ever watched TLC's "What Not To Wear?" I don't even know if it is on anymore. But, Stacey & Clinton taught me how to dress for my figure. If you get a chance, it is worth the time to view some old episodes, especially the ones that aren't about tiny women. :wink:

Have heard of it - but not seen it (don't have cable)... However, I just googled it - and came up with videos at the show's site: tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/what-not-to-wear

This will be fun to check out! :wink:
  • Summerlove1993

Have heard of it - but not seen it (don't have cable)... However, I just googled it - and came up with videos at the show's site: tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/what-not-to-wear

This will be fun to check out! :wink:

You are going to love them. They are amazing!