Day 2

Options
newtitus2011
newtitus2011 Posts: 20 Member
So I am a day late, however, I had this idea late in the night to finally make a difference. My cousin challenged me to workout for 60 mins for 30 days. Yesterday I was on the elliptical for 20 mins. The first 10 minutes was good. By 15 mins, I was breathing and by 20 mins I decided that I needed some water. So I will take it slower.

For the past week, I have added a fruit, yogurt and bottled water to my food intake. Its better than nothing. Still a working progress.

Today I plan to walk the track with my coworker. We are joining a walk/run club which starts in three weeks. I have the 10 week program and will start it today. At the end of the 10 weeks, there is a 5k race that counts as graduation from the group. I am excited. I joined last year and the first 5 weeks were awesome and then I stopped. My cousin talked me into finishing the task and I completed the 5k in 43 mins. I hope to beat that time this year.

For me its all about motivation. The more people sign up, the more we become accountable, not just to ourselves, but to each other. I hope to see you this month.

Replies

• Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the 60 minutes a day of exercise but I don't want to do the weekly not eating certain types of food, only because I've done fad diets all my life and they never work. This time I am trying to just eat healthy and exercise. Not denying myself food i want/like but just learning to have it in moderation. I hope this is ok.

Not sure how you want the exercise logged but here's mine for yesterday and today.

Sun 1st April : 30mins c25k w2d3 burned 310 cals, 45min brisk walk burned 395
    Mon 2nd April: 60 min brisk walk burned 460 cals, 60 min zumba class burned 618 cals.
  • mario3790
    mario3790 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey clair594,your doing great! I just started my excercise today.GOOD LUCK:smile::smile: :smile:
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My goal this month is to exercise every day. Minimum 30 minutes. Nothing fancy, just a fast walk. I purged my cabinets of tempting foods and have already incorporating eating well. If I get into the habit and stick with exercising every day, I will treat myself to a gym membership to an upscale gym.
  • newtitus2011
    Options
    @Claire594: The Week Plan is a suggestion. Particularly because I have high cholesterol, I am working on trying foods that will help lower my cholesterol levels. What works best for you, please add so that others can read it and possibly learn from it. I do not believe in fad diets, but I do know that I cannot eat the way I used to eat. Hence the concept of me listening to my body. This is a forum to motivate everyone! We can log our daily exercise anyway.

Day 1: 20 mins elliptical.
    Day 2: Walk/Jog 90 mins.
  • Carrieadkins
    Carrieadkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to find someone to hold me accountable for exercising, I got my own treadmill to save money on gym membership fees (yeah, it was actually cheaper) and now I don't have someone that will say, hey I noticed you werent here the other day.
  • newtitus2011
    Options
    @Mario3790: Glad to have you on board. Take one day at a time. Making one good change will help in the long run.

@imarlett: Moderation is the key. Limiting temptation does help. However, you need to replace it with good treats.
  • kamronluv
    Options
    I am down for the challenge i will start the workout today but i messed up and had a can coke so ill start the diet part tomorrow
    Im def motivated ^_^!
  • Claire594
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound like I didn't agree with ur eating plan. I'm all for whatever works for people. I was only meaning I didn't want to do that part of the challenge as in the past I found trying to restrict certain foods usually meant eventually couldn't resist them forever and I'd eventually give up at some point and put back on the weight i'd lost. I was afraid if I didn't want to do the food part as well as the exercise part I couldn't be part of the group.

I think its great for you to work towards lowering ur cholesterol and limiting certain foods at a time to see if that makes a difference is a really good idea. For me, I'm really trying to lower my bmi. I started at nearly 36, its now down to 33 and a half. I can't wait to get below 30 to no longer be obese and into the overweight category.

Good luck everyone whatever your goals. I'm off to attempt to try and do 60 minutes on my stepper.
  • newtitus2011
    Options
    @Claire594: No problem! I read that to make any fundamental change in weight, the typical 30 minutes a day will not do. Between 60 to 90 minutes a day (time can be broken up throughout the day) will make a difference. My cholesterol is at a level that I can still make a good change without medications, so losing the weight will contribute to that. I have been lingering with this issue, but I cannot prolong it any longer. Glad you have joined us.
  • newtitus2011
    Options
    @kamronluv: Glad you are here and making a conscious decision to make a change. We are all here to be accountable to each other. That is why I started the group. I have been with www.myfitnesspal.com for over 2 years but I have not taken it serious. And its a great website! Download it on your phone so that you have it available throughout the day. I believe in small changes - I am learning to take one day at a time because I am one of those people that want results now, but with one good day, comes a good week, then one good month...you get the picture. Keep stopping by and let us know how you are doing!
  • newtitus2011
    Options
    @Carrieadkins: So funny you mention a treadmill - so I have an elliptical and treadmill and they have managed to get pushed to the corner of my apartment! It is absolutely a great idea to have the treadmill at home, but also try to get outside. If the weather is good, enjoy the sun and spring months. Start a walk group. I find that the more people I have in my corner that supports my goal, this race to the finish line is more and more doable. You dont have to have a gym membership to lose weight! You may want to add a jump rope to your "home gym". Have a great day!
  • Claire594
    Options
    Sun 1/4 : 30mins c25k w2d3 burned 310 cals, 45min brisk walk burned 395
    Mon 2/4 April: 60 min brisk walk burned 460 cals, 60 min zumba class burned 618 cals.
    Tues 3/4: 60 mins on the stepper, burned 374 cals
    Wed 4/4: 30 mins couch 2 5k, burned 280 cals

Only made 30 minutes today, though did a further 10 mins of tricep kickbacks for a different April challenge. Getting 60 mins of exercise everyday is hard when you're working full time and have a toddler but I suppose it's just something I need to get to grips with.
  • Claire594
    Options
    Mon 2/4 April: 60 min brisk walk burned 460 cals, 60 min zumba class burned 618 cals.
    Thurs 5/4: 70 mins swimming lengths, burned 737 cals
  • Claire594
    Options
    Thurs 5/4: 70 mins swimming lengths, burned 737 cals
    Fri 6/4: 300 minutes c25k, burned 250 cals

Not making 60 mins some days and doing more other days. Aiming to average 60 mind per day.