Hey getting things started

Options
spudlovie
spudlovie Posts: 56 Member
I have a long ways to go to get to my goal but ten pounds sounds like a great start. 5 lbs at a time. Taking things slow :)

Replies

• drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group! I think that having goals is absolutley critical. I have lost weight before, but always put it back on. I think my problem has been once I meet my goal, I go back to my old bad habits (eating way too much and eatign food because it tastes good!) Grrrr.

This time is going to be different: Here's why:
    1. My first time on MFP - this site is awesome because of the support from the wonderful people. Not only can you track calories and exercise, but it gives you great feedback.
    2. I am trying to change my eating habits and my fundamental realtionship with food. Food is great, but I have to remember to ALWAYS eat within a healthy range and not ever "give up" becuase I had one or two slip ups.
    3. I am finally exercsing right and consistently - had lots of exeucses in the past (injury, work, family etc) but I knwo I need to eercise to feel good and keep weight down.

Ok, that's it for now. Hope I can provide support and inspiration fo rall of you! :smile:

Cheers,
    Matt
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    Great way to look at it! One step at a time! I'm aiming to lose 5 pounds by the end of April, and the other 5 by the end of May! You got this girl!

That sounds great, Matt! We all slip up every now and then, important thing is to not let it get you down. Exercise is an important part too, to help lose weight and to help keep a good mindset. Thank you for your support!
  • trinoc
    trinoc Posts: 73
    Options
    I love 10 lbs in 2 months! I think slow and steady is what will win this race for all of us.

I could have written Matt's post! I am decidedly changing my own relationship w/ food and developing a healthy one for my kids and their food! I've always held their food and intake to a MUCH higher standard than my own. My three year old doesn't have a clue that McDonald's even exists!!! (But that doesn't mean I haven't had it in the past three years..... See what I mean?)

I've developed a renewed relationship w/ my elliptical and once I get some weight off I plan to start running again. I love to run but think I'd do more harm than good at this weight. I want my knees to survive my lifespan!

Happy losses to all!
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to lose 10 more pounds for sure!Let's do this!!!!:)
  • wackicatt
    wackicatt Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey Guys!!!!

How is everyone doing? Are we ready to lose some weight or what????? This is my first group that I am starting here on MFP, but I am ready to lose some weight & help all who need it!!! I am going to drink more green tea, water & eat 5 fruits &/or veggies a day added to my normal exercise & see what that gets me...... I am beyond frustrated,I have been on MFP for almost a month now & have only gained, but we are going to turn that all around right now.......

My best to you all,

Cat

& our quote for the day.......... Let your efforts rise above your excuses......... =0)
  • spudlovie
    spudlovie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yay, it sounds like we have a great group. I'll be checking in every day. Today so far was a success. I tracked all y food so far and I plan to go to the gym tonight after I get my daughter to bed. I am going to do the 100 workout I found on Pinterest.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I too have had some setbacks recently!!
    My goals for now are to stay close to the suggested calories on MFP and cut out the snacking after supper (that one kills me!!)
  • tammysl4
    tammysl4 Posts: 25
    Options
    I am ready to start this challenge. I want to get down to 140 by the time I turn 40 (Jan 2013). My first week on MFP I went down 4lbs. Let's get jiggy now:happy:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group! I am excited to be a part. Since 3/20/12 I have lost 3.4lbs mostly just by adding in pretty regular walks to my weekly routine. My neighbor and I get up and go for about 3 miles at least 3x per week.

I have been doing pretty good entering my food on MFP over the past few days. I plan to continue this, as it will definitely help me to cut back on calories. And yes, I DO eat my exercise calories b/c it is SUPER important to do so. I know with the regular walks, plus the fitness class with the local Parks and Rec that I start next week, plus tracking my food, 10lbs lost by 5/31 is not a problem!!

Happy Shedding everyone!!!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Bpowell76
    Bpowell76 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im new toMFP and ready the challenge. Losing 10lbs can be achieved with hard work and focus. Day 2 of April and I have worked out for at least 30min and eating healthy. 10lbs there you go.
  • SMN71
    SMN71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group! I am excited to be a part.
    Good Luck everyone!!:smile:
  • chekelbel
    Options
    I'm focusing on continuing my healthy eating journey - I'm new to the site. Recently took a new position in the company in which I won't be traveling so I can work out on a consistent basis.

I can definetely lose 10# in two months !
  • Alana231
    Alana231 Posts: 8
    Options
    :happy: :happy: Like this idea about losing #10 lbs. in two months. I have lost 3lbs. so far and I started it Last week and am into it for a week starting tomorrow. I have increase my excerise and it seems that I don't feel hungry as I have in the past after excerise except today. But I waited and only ate a snack and water and it went away. Of course dinner was not too far off. I hope I can do this and this time not gain it back. It has been a little hard to stay right on calories but I don't go over too much.
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP about a year ago, but JUST started actually using it last week. First weigh in was yesterday - down 4 lbs!! I know that was just a result of not shoving food in my face every second and tracking what I'm eating, but I love getting those bigger numbers on the first week - it's motivation going into week 2! I'll start averaging 1-2 lbs a week now (can you tell I've done the weight loss thing before?!?)...If I can lose 10 in two months, I'll be thrilled...

Good luck to everyone!! We got this! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyallover
    Options
    So excited about this group! Best of luck to everyone, stay strong! IN a "time of temptation", remember we are al out there going through this with you.
  • tyabd
    tyabd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i have lost 4 pounds by using jillian's body revolution in past 20 days and now am losing inches at waist but needle of scale haas stuck at 150 really wishing to c it go down...
  • tyabd
    tyabd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    way to go but be mentally prepared as water content lost earlier shows eay weight loss then comes a stage when ur body builds muscles due to exercise and u put one or two pounds back that is when most people get discouraged and drop out but if they continue body starts burning fats again and after two -three weeks weight loss starts in actual sense.

best of luck every one :)
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    way to go but be mentally prepared as water content lost earlier shows eay weight loss then comes a stage when ur body builds muscles due to exercise and u put one or two pounds back that is when most people get discouraged and drop out but if they continue body starts burning fats again and after two -three weeks weight loss starts in actual sense.

best of luck every one :)

Great point! I hit a plateau in weight loss after 2-3 weeks...hoping for that muscle burning fat to kick in soon! :-)
  • dzuuzz
    dzuuzz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to "getting things started". I lost almost 20 pounds, but then became complacent. I am slowly gaining it back and need to kick start my attitude.

I worked out today and logged my oatmeal! I plan to check in everyday. :wink:
  • mjdani
    mjdani Posts: 9
    Options
    I have lost 10lbs since February 21st. I would like to keep the momentum going!