Bonus DVDs with Body Revolution

Options
I purchased the 3 additional DVDs (buns & thighs, shed & shred, and 1 other) with the Body Revolution program and was wondering how to best incorporate those into the program? I want to be sure I am not over-working muscles or not giving them adequate rest time.

Replies

• theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't know if I COULD do extreme shed and shred with body revolution. Maybe if I did one in the morning and the other at night. That DVD is challenging. Killer Buns and Thighs is difficult on the quads and booty, but one workout for body revolution focuses on the same areas. I don't know if I would necessarily incorporate those DVDS... I know there are some people on here that do Turbofire as well as Body Revolution so maybe she'll chime in :) If you want extra cardio, I'd do cardio and not strength training.
  • JenTryingAgain
    Options
    I listen to Jillian's pod cast and on one of them she said that you should not add any additional weight training to Body Revolution but that you could add extra cardio. I think the only DVD that she had that is just cardio is Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.
  • tyabd
    tyabd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i am doing body revolution with extra cardio and finding it effective on inches loss. though my scale is still determined not to show any changes
  • nyyca
    nyyca Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    One of the strengths of this system is that it lets you give your muscles the 48 hours they need to build themselves (48 hours of rest). But it also lets you weight train 4 days a week. This is why jillian does "front of the body" DVDs followed by the "back of the body DVDs. If you add more weight training (which the DVDs you mentioned have) you are making the workout less efficient.
    You can however add pure cardio. Yesterday I did the new JM kickbox DVD (the abs one) after my BR workout. There are few weight training exercises there and I just substituted cardio moves when they were on. You could do BFBM like suggested above, but wow, that would be quite a workout day!
  • Shaysuki926
    Shaysuki926 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    same here! I am on week 2 day 2 and have lost 5 lbs so far, and that is with doing the kickstarter. However, my clothes tell a different story than the scale. ;) I have the banish the fat so I am going to do that dvd today as I am SO BORED with Cardio 1 already...ugh.
  • nyyca
    nyyca Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cardio 1 is really boring. It's effective, but boring. sigh.
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Or u cud do her Cardio kickbox dvd from her Biggest winner wrkout series
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I would save them for when you are finished with the 90 days.
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I am doing body Rev in the morning and additional cardiograph at night. Banish fat boost metabolism and kickbox fast fix are my favorites!
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    you guys doing body rev and then banish fat boost metabolism are amazing. that workout is so hard!