Introductions !!

Options

Replies

• michelleling7
    Options
    Hi all!
    My name is Michelle and I just joined this site after ignoring the app on my phone for a few months. I'm 26 and I live in San Francisco. I just moved here in December and I put on about 15 pounds with all the stress of moving and getting used to a new place, and I need some motivation to get serious about losing that weight. I don't have a problem working out as I have been working out 6 days a week for 5 years, but I need some accountability when it comes to eating and drinking. My big challenge is that the lifestyle of a young, urban, single person trying to make new friends tends to involve a lot of eating and drinking out, and it's hard to be healthy while still seeming "normal" around people.
    It's great to meet everyone and I'm excited to get started!
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to start this challenge! I am fairly new to MFP and this will be my first challenge. I am 23 years old and just graduated from college this past May. I have a problem sticking to a long-term exercise routine. Usually, I will go to the gym for a month and then just "give up". I am excited to start this challenge because it will keep me on track and there is so much support! Thank you for doing this it means so much to me!
  • kodijhill
    kodijhill Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    hi everyone my name is kodi and ive been using mfp for like 120 days. ANd i struggle a lot with eating mostly ive been big my whole life and am finally ready to cahnge my body. umm im exciting for this challenge challenges always keep me motivated. So glad to be here and add me for support cause i know ill need it as well thanks
  • griffith713
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jackie, I'm 5'4 and weight 175ish. I'm new to this site and I can't wait this challenge to whip me into better shape for the summer!
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Michelle. I am 43 and have 3 adult daughters and 1 granddaughter. I was bedridden for 3 years from 2000-2003 from adrenal exhaustion among other things, gained over 100 pounds and now would fit the Olympian challenger category easily! I give God all of the credit for that!
    I have lost a total of 101 pounds. 58 if which was during my past 14 mths with MFP. But that was with alot of "not being serious about it moments" along the way.
    I am very competitve and detail oriented. So this should be alot of fun!
  • Balance79
    Balance79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Laurie and I joined MFP about a month ago. My goal is to lose 15-20 pounds. I haven't been able to return to my pre-pregnancy weight of 125...and my son is now 15 months old! :( It's been hard getting back into the gym groove, with working & being a Mom. I started back to the gym in Janaury and nothing has changed. I have now started MFP with high hopes that the accountability and motivation from others will help me. I've also committed myself to train for a 1/2 marathon in May ...that's how desperate I am to lose this weight ----which, is not coming off very easily. I'm looking forward to this challenge and hope that we can all meet our goals!!!
  • Cazzy42
    Cazzy42 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm caroline. I just joined Mfp and I need some help. I need to lose about 70lb overall and 21 will be my 10% so excited to have a go and get started.
  • Roshams
    Roshams Posts: 77
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I've come to learn that I am NOT self motivated, and need a good challenge to keep me going. Been lazy lazy lazy lately, and need to get some weight off before the nice weather hits so I can wear shorts and skirts this summer :)

Please add me as a friend and we can keep each other motivated :D
  • tessanharris
    Options
    Hello All! My name is Tessa, and I am fairly new to MFP, only been using it for a few months...

As a former college athlete, weight and fitness had never been an issue for me. Even after my first child, I was able to get the weight to come off without too much trouble. After baby number two, my little girl who came 6 months ago, however, things were a little different. The weight simply wasn't moving. Fortunately I was introduces to a great line of products, AdvoCare (Teresa knows what I'm talking about!) that made all the difference. I'm happy to say now that the baby weight is gone, and I'm feeling energized and healthy as ever, now I'm ready to get my body matching the way I feel! I'm hoping to get back to college athlete shape, and with the tools provided by AdvoCare, MFP and this challenge, I know I will get there!!
  • steffanutter
    steffanutter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Stefanie aka Steffanutter (Nana's nickname for me lol) and I'm 29 yrs old. I lost some weight (about 30lbs) and then I started to slowly gain it back. After putting 8lbs back on, I luckily found MyFitnessPal! I'm hoping to lose about more 20lbs total and need some motivation and some friendly competition/challenge! This challenge seems perfect and I must thank you for putting your time/effort/energy into this! Very excited to start, good luck everyone! Feel free to add me as a friend!

-Stef
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OK - Let's see if I got this:

I need to burn 500 cal per day for 5 days of the week for the next 13 weeks -

I CAN use my .. walking 'challenge' as my cal's burned.

I ...must do the daily (?) exercise from post's on the 'blog'.

Along with the DAILY posting of how much water I drank and whether or not I've remained UNDER my calorie goal.

I must weigh in EVERY Saturday and then let my team cpt know. (or are we each gonna be updating via that google thing?-(which I really like))??

Does that about cover it??

I ask only because I want to know concisely what I need to do - and how/when to do it!! :noway: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Missy_Snipes
    Missy_Snipes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am Missy! I am a 42 year old mom of 4. I lost 50 lbs about 11 years ago and slowing gained every single pound back ( to the EXACT same number!!) I finally got tired of" looking okay for someone who has had 4 kids" so in October 2011, I started writing down my food diary and losing weight, I plateaued in December for 4 weeks and feel so very lucky to have found MFP in January 2012. I must say, the weight came off a lot easier 11 years ago!! This time I have had to really work, work, work! I have learned so much since January, about diet and nutrition and Lord save us ALL from all of the sodium in everything!!! I no longer wonder why I plateaued so badly in December!! I am down 48 lbs and have 32 more to go to reach my goal (at which time I plan to re *kitten* my goals) ! I am determined this time to lose it all and be in the healthy weight range and keep it off so this is a lifestyle change for me!! I am so ready to stay motivated and support you guys in your fitness goals!!! Let's GO!!!!!!!!
  • melonerski
    melonerski Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My names Melissa, aka Mel. I started my journey on MFP on September 1st 2011 at 257lbs. I barely fit into a size 20 and realized it was time to do something about my weight because I DID NOT want to go up another size in pants! So far I've lost 42lbs, (I record the next 2lbs tomorrow morning). I did a challenge from Christmas - 2 weeks ago and absolutely loved it, I feel like I've started to drift away since the challenge ended so I was really happy to find this one as it looks a lot like the one I did before. In July I'm going to have my 10 yr high school reunion, i weighed about 150 when I graduated High school, I feel like I'm unrecognizable and I really just want to go to my reunion and not have to worry if my weight is the reason someone may not remember me. Whenever I see someone i know in a store i duck the other way and pretend i didn't see them because i'm so embarrased. Hopefully this will help me!!!!!!!!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sara and I started MFP in November. I also did C25K, so I think I'll do the Bridge to 10K challenge as a part of this one!!

My starting weight is 186 (in November I was 193...lost a little but it's soooo slow!!).

I'm also going to try the "challengers" level of exercise challenges.

I'm getting married in September so I'd really just like to lose 10-15 more pounds before the summer. I'm really excited!
  • markus2229
    markus2229 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, Steve- aka markus2229. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by the time I go to Florida in July with my step-daughter. Past that, a total of 50 pounds is the ultimate goal. Basically trying to eat better and feel better. My starting weight is 229 and I would like to try the triathalon challenge. Good luck to everyone and feel free to friend me. No such thing as too much support.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    OK - Let's see if I got this:

I need to burn 500 cal per day for 5 days of the week for the next 13 weeks -

I CAN use my .. walking 'challenge' as my cal's burned.

I ...must do the daily (?) exercise from post's on the 'blog'.

Along with the DAILY posting of how much water I drank and whether or not I've remained UNDER my calorie goal.

I must weigh in EVERY Saturday and then let my team cpt know. (or are we each gonna be updating via that google thing?-(which I really like))??

Does that about cover it??

I ask only because I want to know concisely what I need to do - and how/when to do it!! :noway: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL.... sounds to me like you got it!! The 500 cals per day is going to be a challenge...especially if you are ONLY doing 30 minutes of exercise per day.... but both of those are "goals" that I want you to work towards each day. Also, I know that you expect that the weekly challenges will "increase" just a little (each week) in intensity...... right??? :noway: But, yea - I think you've pretty much got it covered. I
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Kelly and I live in Central Pennsylvania. My goal isn't about losing weight -- I want to stay active and healthy for my family. I just finished an exercise challenge at work on March 18th and I've been pretty sedentary the past two weeks. I am super competitive so this challenge is just want I need to get my body moving again. I enjoy any kind of outdoor activity and I've signed up for a 5K on April 28th. I have read through all the introductions and think this will be a FABULOUS group! Feel free to friend me!! :smile:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Kathy and I am 59 years old (yikes...how did that happen) and have been on MFP for 2 years now...was very serious the first year and then got sloppy last year. I have mostly maintained the past 6 months and need to shake things up to lose the last 8-10 pounds that I would like to lose. I have been married to the same great guy for 37 years and we have 2 grown sons, one of whom is getting married this July (great timing for this challenge) and have 2 darling grand daughters ages 3 and 1 month. I am an active outside kind of girl, but I need to be more consistent with my eating, drinking and serious exercise.

Thank you, Teresa, for putting this together and I look forward to getting to know all of you and motivating each other during the next 13 weeks! Good luck, everyone:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: kackie (my nickname from the DGD)
  • saraemily5
    saraemily5 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sara! I've been on MFP for a loooong time it seems! I love it! I'm about 30 lbs from my *first* goal-weight of 160. I've never been lower than 178... so 160 would be great!! I know I should be around 130... but we'll start with 160. I'm using AdvoCare right now adn I am LOVING it! I'm really looking forward to this challenge! It'll keep me motivated to keep moving!! And keep losing!
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ack! I just came across this amazing group and am worried that I may have found it too late to join :sad: I sure hope not. It looks like Theresa has done a lot of thoughtful work to set everyone up for success. I'd love to be able to hop on :flowerforyou: