shopping for clothes

Options
sueset
sueset Posts: 12 Member
Hi, I'm off today and just got back from Kohls. I wanted to pick up some t-shirts to wear to work out. I normally wear big comfortable t-shirts. Today, I shopped in the exercise clothing section and picked out a couple of XL work out shirts. I tried them on when I got home and was very furstrated. All the rolls in my middle were showing. It's not even fun to shop for work out wear! I guess, I'll stick with big t shirts until I get a little closer to my goal. On the positive side I purchased a cute pair of sandles that will look great on me in one month "WHEN" I am 8 lbs thinner and wearing capris. OK, I'm going for a walk now. Have a great day all!

Replies

• Gogirl40
    Gogirl40 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Those t-shirts you bought will look great on you, too, when you reach your first goal. Keep them as motivation!
  • sueset
    Options
    Good thought
  • quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed your walk! It is beautiful in the DC area today ;)
  • sueset
    Options
    It was beautiful in NY today also but I had a hard time with my eating. I had a lot more sugar than I should have had. I feel like I binged on low fat snacks today. I had a package of snackwells, a weight watchers desert, a 100 calorie chocolate bar and 2 weight watchers ice cream pops. Fortunately, I was pretty good with all my regular meals and I burned a lot of calories with 2 walks today so I may still be within my calorie limit. I wasn't sure what got into me until I looked at my last post on this site. I think starting my day off shopping put me in the wrong frame of mind. I think to lose weight we need to see ourselves as fit and healthy. The moment we stop doing this we start behaving like someone who isn't fit and healthy. So for the rest of the evening and into tomorrow... I am declairing myself 'fit and healthy'
  • quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • TinkerBell410
    TinkerBell410 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out the workout clothes at JCPenney. They fit so much better and camouflage those rolls so much better. I am a size 12 or a L and when I recently bought some at Kohls they were way too tight and uncomfortable (not to mention more expensive). Depending on the type of workout you do make sure the top says it offers at least medium support for the bra liner. I do a cardio dance workout at least 2 days a week and this really makes a difference.
  • skichick1968
    Options
    Target has decent pants & thankfully the tops are getting longer. Try to avoid cotton, it wears out faster, stretches out & keeps wet. Find stuff with Lycra, makes us look thinner too!