I remember when.....

Options
bnewperson
bnewperson Posts: 35 Member
Since this is for 60+ers - some may relate -

I remember when weight came off fast...when I would lose 5 to 7 pounds in the first week (what they termed then as "water weight") and then 2 pounds a week easily thereafter until I reached my goal. And if I exercised like I am now, it would not be unusual to lose 3 or 4 pounds in a week, on going. Wow! Those were the days!

Most of the time I "get" God's plan...but the Sixties are tough. I don't feel any different. High energy - enthusiastic - active - yet the weight comes on at the sight of a cookie and takes so much more effort to get those pounds off. Finally, almost three weeks into "the program", I have relaxed and settled in to the fact that this is just going to take time....and be thankful I don't feel any different.

Replies

• miltonp50
    miltonp50 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Here, here. Tomorrow is my 3 week anniversary and I can't belive how slowly this is going. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow morning, but I think I'll be thankful if it hasn't gone up. I sure feel better eating more regulated amounts of food, and that's what's important.
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I remember those days, too. I remember how active I was and how it took so little effort to exercise. The faster paced the better. Now just walking is a chore, although I love to get out and walk, because every step is painful on most days. I guess my motto now should be, "slow and steady wins the race." lol