What is Your 30DS Schedule for April?

Options
JustACaJen
JustACaJen Posts: 83 Member
There have been a few posts and questions about the workout program and whether you should do it for 30 straight days or not (and someone started a thread with a post regarding some advice from JM here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/533171-thought-i-d-post-this

But I have really been thinking about how I wanted to tackle this and wanted to share and see what others were doing or if anyone wanted to attempt this schedule with me. Since April has 30 days, I would love to get through all 3 levels in the one month. So my thinking was that I would do the workout 7 times in a 10 day period. That works well for me because I almost inevitably have to rest on Tues/Thurs because of my work and school schedule. Committing to working out on those days is almost always a failed commitment. So, once I get the 7th workout in (within 10 days), I jump to the next level. I jotted out an April calendar this morning and color coded the schedule - so when the color changes, the level changes. Here is what I came up with! Let me know what you all think!

NOTE: I realize this may not be "exactly" what JM had i mind, but I really want to get through all 3 levels for once. I realize my results might not be "as good" as they would be if I was doing 10 days of each workout, but I am sure the results can't be bad!!

jhpuog.jpg

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Jen, thank you for sharing your schedule, and starting this thread. This is perfect for everyone to share their individual approaches to 30DS, as I feel there is no "right" or "wrong" way to really go about it.

Your schedule got me rethinking mine a little. I'd still love to get to all three levels within April, but with days built in for cardio, plus a rest/yoga day once a week. So, I revised my (and my husband's, as he's doing it with me!) schedule so that we'll be doing 6 days on each level, with two days a week reserved for cardio, and one day a week a rest/yoga day. I think this may be best for me post-pregnancy and just getting back into working out, rather than 30DS every single day, but also enough of a challenge that I don't get bored with the same level 10 times. It's a good balance, I think, and the results will be as they may.

So, the schedule I came up with for myself and my husband:

Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs = 30DS (6 days per level)
    Tues & Fri = Cardio (for me, jogging and/or kickboxing; for husband, drumming)
    Saturday = Rest / Yoga

Thanks again for the thread, Jen. I'm looking forward to hear what everyone else's 30DS schedule looks like! Remember, just do what works best for YOU, and the results will follow! :)
  • Karelle92
    Karelle92 Posts: 25
    Options
    Monday = 30DS
    Tuesday = 30DS
    Wednesday = Zumba fitness on wii
    Thursday = 30DS
    Friday = 30DS
    Saturday = Jogging
    Sunday = Rest day

I will do each level for 2 weeks, so 8 days per level. It will take me 42 days instead of 30, but I'm happy with my schedule!
  • Millefleur
    Millefleur Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Weekends are difficult for me so I plan to do it mon - fri and possibly Sunday evenings, I've done Days 1 and 2 already (and am really appreciating the two day break!) so shouldn't run over too much into May.
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    There have been a few posts and questions about the workout program and whether you should do it for 30 straight days or not (and someone started a thread with a post regarding some advice from JM here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/533171-thought-i-d-post-this

But I have really been thinking about how I wanted to tackle this and wanted to share and see what others were doing or if anyone wanted to attempt this schedule with me. Since April has 30 days, I would love to get through all 3 levels in the one month. So my thinking was that I would do the workout 7 times in a 10 day period. That works well for me because I almost inevitably have to rest on Tues/Thurs because of my work and school schedule. Committing to working out on those days is almost always a failed commitment. So, once I get the 7th workout in (within 10 days), I jump to the next level. I jotted out an April calendar this morning and color coded the schedule - so when the color changes, the level changes. Here is what I came up with! Let me know what you all think!

NOTE: I realize this may not be "exactly" what JM had i mind, but I really want to get through all 3 levels for once. I realize my results might not be "as good" as they would be if I was doing 10 days of each workout, but I am sure the results can't be bad!!

jhpuog.jpg

I actually made Friday my day of rest but it should be noted that I used the EXACT same color scheme! hehe
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Monday = 30DS
    Tuesday = 30DS
    Wednesday = Zumba fitness on wii
    Thursday = 30DS
    Friday = 30DS
    Saturday = Jogging
    Sunday = Rest day

I will do each level for 2 weeks, so 8 days per level. It will take me 42 days instead of 30, but I'm happy with my schedule!

My schedule looks much like yours, with Wed & Sat being my cardio days and Sun my rest day. I like your idea of doing each level for 2 weeks - I'm going to follow suite :smile:
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i am going to do:

monday: 30ds
    tuesday: 30ds
    wednesday: rest/walk
    thursday: 30ds
    friday: 30ds
    saturday: 30ds
    sunday: 30ds

1 rest day on a wednesday due to nursery and work but i really want to try and finish all three levels by the end of april.
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    So my weekly exercise plan is to alternate between the two days below because I need to do lots of cardio to get the heart rate up and dropping these pounds :)

Day 1AM - 60 mins of Cardio
    Day 1 PM - 30DS
    Day 2 AM - 20 Mins of Cardio / Strength Training
    Day 2PM - 30DS
  • JustACaJen
    Options

I actually made Friday my day of rest but it should be noted that I used the EXACT same color scheme! hehe

Hahaha!!! Great minds!!
  • get_fit_Milena
    get_fit_Milena Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I may be totally wrong here. Just hear me out and please correct me if I'm wrong. Will you continue to do it 9 more days? My only thought is that if we take days off, which Ill need to do to perhaps, then we have to add them, since I don't consider it 30 days of "time" but rather 30 days of actually doing the workouts. IOW, if it takes 35 days, that's fine, but if I only work out 21 days, even if it took 30 days, then I'm still 9 days short.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My plan at this point is this:

Mon: 30ds, water aerobics
    Tues: 30ds, stationary bike & leg press
    Wed: 30ds, water aerobics
    Thur: 30ds, elliptical, & leg press
    Fri: 30ds, water jogging
    Sat: 30ds
    Sun: rest

I might alter that to remove 30ds one day in the middle of the week, not sure. As for when I'll switch levels-whenever I seem to either not be sore after the current level or I seem to have a really good handle on the forms in the current level. Then it's time to jack it up.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I may be totally wrong here. Just hear me out and please correct me if I'm wrong. Will you continue to do it 9 more days? My only thought is that if we take days off, which Ill need to do to perhaps, then we have to add them, since I don't consider it 30 days of "time" but rather 30 days of actually doing the workouts. IOW, if it takes 35 days, that's fine, but if I only work out 21 days, even if it took 30 days, then I'm still 9 days short.

Yes, I'll do it until I've logged Day 30 of 30 Day Shred. I'm trying to note that each time I log the exercise here so I know which day I'm on. I think that's essential since she is offering results for 30 days of work, not 30 days of time since you started doing it. Very good point.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Jen, thank you for sharing your schedule, and starting this thread. This is perfect for everyone to share their individual approaches to 30DS, as I feel there is no "right" or "wrong" way to really go about it.

Your schedule got me rethinking mine a little. I'd still love to get to all three levels within April, but with days built in for cardio, plus a rest/yoga day once a week. So, I revised my (and my husband's, as he's doing it with me!) schedule so that we'll be doing 6 days on each level, with two days a week reserved for cardio, and one day a week a rest/yoga day. I think this may be best for me post-pregnancy and just getting back into working out, rather than 30DS every single day, but also enough of a challenge that I don't get bored with the same level 10 times. It's a good balance, I think, and the results will be as they may.

So, the schedule I came up with for myself and my husband:

Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs = 30DS (6 days per level)
    Tues & Fri = Cardio (for me, jogging and/or kickboxing; for husband, drumming)
    Saturday = Rest / Yoga

Thanks again for the thread, Jen. I'm looking forward to hear what everyone else's 30DS schedule looks like! Remember, just do what works best for YOU, and the results will follow! :)

This will be my schedule as well. Athough my cardio days may be a walk or extra long on my stationary bike.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to stick with Monday through Saturday with a full rest day on Sunday. I may change it up with each level.
  • jnels
    jnels Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on my 6th day of Level 1 so for April I will do as follows:

Mon. 30 DS
    Tues. Cardio
    Wed. 30 DS
    Thurs. 30 DS
    Fri. Rest Day
    Sat. 30 DS
    Sun. Rest or Cardio depending how I feel

This will give me 8 days of Level 2 and 9 days of Level 3. I'm hoping by incorporating Cardio I'll get the results I'm after even though I'm not doing the full 10 days of each level.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing your planned schedules. I work at home some days so I plan to 30DS on those days. I made up a calendar like the poster above (thanks for the idea) My schedule looks like this:

Sunday - alternate every other week Shred or Spin
    Monday - Shred & Yoga
    Tues - Shred and alternate spin or body pump class every other week
    Wed - rest or Shred
    Thurs - Shred & Spin
    Fri - Shred
    Sat - alternate Spin or Shred every other week

I know it sounds a little complicated but I work from home alternate days every other week and can do the shred on my lunch. Also I have a favorite spin instructor that I follow his schedule :smile: I figure I will complete 30 days mid May.
  • JustACaJen
    Options

For me, I know I won't be actually doing the workout for a full 30 times... I will actually only do it 21 times. BUT - I have to have rest days because of my schedule and I really want to contain this to the month of April so that it is a quick and achievable goal. As I said when I posted my schedule, my results may not be "as good as possible" but they will be good, that's for sure!

On May 1st (acutally looking at calendar, probably April 30th), I am starting the New Rules of Lifting for Women weight training plan and that is like a 6 month plan so I just wanted a definitive "end" date for 30DS.

In case you haven't figured it out, I am one of those people who only starts something new on a Monday or on the first day of the month, haha! Slightly OCD? Maybe so....
  • mopedgirl007
    mopedgirl007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This is my schedule, it’s ambitious... I’m not currently working so I have the time. I’m hoping to make good habits that will be drilled into me when I get another job.

My daily walk is at 4mph, I get my heart rate up and it’s good lower impact cardio. More importantly for me its relaxing and therapeutic.

Monday-30DS, 2 Miles Walking
    Tuesday-Slim in 6:Ramp it Up, 2 Miles Walking
    Wednesday-30DS, 2 Miles Walking
    Thursday-Slim in 6:Ramp it Up, 2 Miles Walking
    Friday-30DS, 2 Miles Walking
    Saturday-Rest Day(I may get some walking in)
    Sunday-30DS, 2 Miles Walking

I'll be doing each level for 6 days. I will not be doing it for 30 days, I have other plans for May.

I’ll also be doing another challenge everyday but Sunday, it’ll be about 20 minutes of various cardio and bodyweight exercises.

This schedule may get thrown out the window if I find a gym to join. I’ll still do 30 day shred and my other challenge, but I really want to start doing serious strength training.
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i am going to do:

wednesday: rest/walk
    friday: 30ds
    sunday: 30ds

1 rest day on a wednesday due to nursery and work but i really want to try and finish all three levels by the end of april.
    changing it slighlty due to reading the post about alternating it!
    wednseday; 10 minute cardio workout - beach body i think
    friday: 10 minute beach body
    sunday: rest

so 4 times a week with 2 cardio thrown in.
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good plan! We might use this. C:
  • JenniferDent_CHC
    JenniferDent_CHC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My schedule is similar to what some of you posted.

Mon - 30DS
    Tues - 30DS
    Wed - 30 min running treadmill intervals using the lolo app (love it!!)
    Thurs - 30DS
    Fri - 30DS
    Sat - 30 min running treadmill intervals using the lolo app or 60 min walking intervals
    Sun - REST

I'm going to do each level 10x and when the weather gets nicer, I'll take my cardio outside. With this schedule, I'll be done just in time for Memorial Day!