New to group, week 7

Options
5ladybugs
5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
Hello,
I'm Trisha, stay home mom to 5. I'm 32, 5'5" and 190 lbs. My goal is somewhere around 135. I've done the C25k twice before, one I didn't complete. 2nd I did but I never got to were I could actually just run, still had to run/walk.
I better say that I could barely run the 1 minute in the beginning.
I did w6d3 yesterday, don't usually do back to back but will be out of town tomorrow. I ran the 25 minutes, and then after 1 minute of running, felt so great I ran another 5 minutes. I was extremely proud of myself!
I'm on week 7 day 1 today,and it was my best run EVER! I ran the 25 minutes and was feeling SO incredible, I figured I'd keep going and see how I felt. I ended up running 40 MINUTES! Never stopped once! I had goosebumps I was so happy hahaha
I am SLOW though, I got 4.5 kms in, in that 40 minutes.
My goal is to first run 5 kms non stop,
2nd run 5kms under 30 minutes.
3rd to run around my favourite trail which is up and down, and a total of 6.1 kms!

Replies

• fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi Trisha! Great to see you in the group. We have a lot in common -- I'm a mama to 4, I'm 5'6" and 195 lbs. I run like a turtle (I’m pacing around 12 minute miles now) and I’m just finishing week 6 of C25K. I will be ecstatic the first time I manage to complete an entire 5K running, though I’m a little concerned right now because my knees aren’t great and they don’t love the pounding they are taking. I hope they get stronger and it gets better.

How fantastic that your W7 D1 run was so amazingly well! I have yet to have a run like that, but I hope I get there soon.

Welcome!
  • 5ladybugs
    Options
    hehe even our user name is similar! I finished week 7 yesterday, I was slow and it wasn't a good run. I stuck with the 25 minutes. It is amazing to see my progress through the program. I truly love running now!
    How old are your kids? I have 2 boys, 16 & 14, and 3 girls, 9,6 & 1!
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    LOL, I noticed that about the usernames as well. I have a boy (10) and three girls (8), (6) and (4).

I've decided to scale back and give my knees a chance to catch up and strengthen before moving on to week 7. I'm going to give weeks 5 and 6 a couple of repeats on the treadmill so that the pounding they take is a little softer and smoother in hopes that it helps them a bit. I don't want to drop running altogether, I'm really starting to like it. bah!
  • 5ladybugs
    Options
    That's a good idea. I repeated week 6 and I think it really helped me!!