4/3/12 - Day five, and I'm getting stronger!

Options
colorlessgreen
colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
I got up this morning and did it before work! It felt SO good to get in the shower with the water turned to cool, but my face didn't stop sweating for a good 30 minutes after I got out, which kinda slowed down my morning routine! I can adjust, though. :)

I upped my weights today on the rows and the flies (used 5 lbs for the rows, and 8 for the flies), and did 13 pushups on my toes, but those stupid side lunge+anterior raises are still KILLING me. I had to put down my 3 lb weights for the last few raises in the second set.

My weight seems to have stopped changing at all since we started, which is a little unusual for my body, but I'm hoping it's because I'm building a little muscle! It might also just be a blip; five days doesn't really mean anything in the long run. I'm a little tempted to ditch my scale for the rest of the month so I don't obsess about the number.

Replies

• ldonnot
    ldonnot Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm a day behind (didn't get the video on time) but, I feel AMAZING!!! My chest and thighs are still so sore. When I started the push-ups today...I almost skipped them...key word almost. It felt great to do them and finish strong. I'm so glad to have this group to motivate me and I love to read these posts everyday...even though we're not really working out "together" as a group...we kinda are!
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just done mine -im finding the side lunges tough too - i've gone down to wrist weights for the sake of getting the form right.

im not a regular weigher anyway but im not expecting to lose doing this - tbh im not bothered about weight i just want everything to firm up !
  • ST99000722
    Options
    I'm a day behind (didn't get the video on time) but, I feel AMAZING!!! My chest and thighs are still so sore. When I started the push-ups today...I almost skipped them...key word almost. It felt great to do them and finish strong. I'm so glad to have this group to motivate me and I love to read these posts everyday...even though we're not really working out "together" as a group...we kinda are!

Good for you !!! Im enjoying everyones posts too & it really helps to know that other people find the same bits tough as me !
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I did it this morning before work and it did feel good to have it 'off my plate' for the day. I'm not a morning person though, and I had to mute Jillian through the warm up :tongue:
    Thanks again for starting this group!
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I did it this morning before work and it did feel good to have it 'off my plate' for the day. I'm not a morning person though, and I had to mute Jillian through the warm up :tongue:
    Thanks again for starting this group!

Thanks everyone for joining! ;) I totally love knowing that you guys are pushing through the same workout, and it's fun to hear what's going well and what's a struggle for each of us.

I've officially decided I'm staying off the scale between now and Day 30! It's going to take some willpower, but fortunately my willpower is stronger these days. :)
  • dirtycaviar
    Options
    The side lunge w/ anterior raises are killer! I use a 5 lb weight with those and sometimes I cannot finish all the reps. I always do the lunges though. I've been using 8-10 lb weights for the rest of the moves. Leaving for vacation tomorrow, but I will try to do the workouts from memory but not sure if I will be able to log onto here. Keep up the good work everybody!!
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    I am feeling stronger and I definitely had more stamina during my C25K walk/run yesterday. I am about to knock it out right now so I can kick back and veg out watching Bravo :)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting day 5 today. I tried on a black dress at W*mart, and it was a size 8. I couldn't believe it! I was so happy! :happy:
  • ST99000722
    Options
    I'll be starting day 5 today. I tried on a black dress at W*mart, and it was a size 8. I couldn't believe it! I was so happy! :happy:

Awesome ! well done !