Low carb bread bun/roll 0.5 carbs

Options
Laura_beau
Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
Another Linda Sue classic!! This recipe can be used for sandwiches, burgers, or as a 'bread/dumpling substitute' in other recipes like this chicken & dumplings recipe:

http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2010/11/18/peggys-chicken-and-dumplings/

See the below link for original recipe & pictures:

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/improved_revolution_rolls.html

IMPROVED REVOLUTION ROLLS

4 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
Pinch salt
3 ounces cream cheese, softened

Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. In another bowl, beat the egg yolks, Splenda, salt and cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Gradually fold the yolk mixture into the egg whites being careful not to deflate the whites. Spray a baking sheet or muffin top pan with cooking spray. Divide the mixture into 6 mounds then flatten them slightly. Bake at 300º 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top but soft and not dry and crisp. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes then cool completely on a rack. Store in an airtight bag in the refrigerator.

Makes 6 rolls

Per Roll: 88 Calories; 7g Fat; 5g Protein; .5g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs
Per 2 Rolls: 175 Calories; 14g Fat; 10g Protein; 1.5g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1.5g Net Carbs

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this!
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I'm so going to try this!!
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Does that really say .5 net carbs???
    I have just started making MIMs, being afraid to add "bread" back into my WOE because that is my carb weakness. So far so good, I will try this also.
    I love baking, cooking and this helps my creative streak.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yep it's that low because it's basically just egg whites and cream cheese. Bakes up into totally useable bread (though different than regular bread of course). Can also be used to make french toast, or if you just make a batch in a baking dish, can be turned into sponge/angel food cake for strawberry shortcake.