building uper body muscle

Options
joelleh26
joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
I have found since I started pole dancing 2 months ago there is such a big difference in my arms / shoulders... As well as elsewhere...

Lots of benefits from that one :)

Any other activities anyone has noticed helps?

Replies

• 87karolina
    87karolina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Push ups help alot. I can only do them on my knees but your arms and back become toned xD
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Pull-ups also help a lot especially your shoulders, biceps & back
  • joelleh26
    joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    great will definatly give them a go!
  • stefanieprice07
    stefanieprice07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound silly, but since I'm so far unable to do real pull-ups, I've been doing handstands! just trying to hold them as long as possible(against a wall) so I can focus more on arm strength and worry a little less about balance, and trying to do pushups from there or just variations like keeping my feet on the wall and walking my hands forward and back. But I've already noticed a change in my shoulders and upper back! I can see it! Hopefully soon I'll be able to do pullups!
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound silly, but since I'm so far unable to do real pull-ups, I've been doing handstands! just trying to hold them as long as possible(against a wall) so I can focus more on arm strength and worry a little less about balance, and trying to do pushups from there or just variations like keeping my feet on the wall and walking my hands forward and back. But I've already noticed a change in my shoulders and upper back! I can see it! Hopefully soon I'll be able to do pullups!

Sounds smart! Not silly :)

I'm going to try this too, because there are supposedly benefits to spending some time upside down.

Also, I do pull ups with an assistance band (lifeline revolution) it's great!