HAPPY APRIL!!!!!! LETS GET IN GEAR AND READY FOR SUMMER

Options
Hello my fellow 100+ pounds friends I hope you have all had a wonderful March but I feel a renewed energy and determination to make April productive in my weight loss future.

My goal this first week is to log 10+ miles by friday. This is going to be difficult b/c my husband is out of town so I am going to have to enlist the help of my girls. What a great example that would be for them. I hope you all decide to join me on this challenge.

Replies

• linda768
    linda768 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm going to get back on track with my eating. And, I want to do at least 10 minutes on the treadmill a day. Even though it's not much, it's better than nothing.
  • tkrista81
    Options
    I'm in!
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • ALHicks
    ALHicks Posts: 145
    Options
    Well yay!!!!!!!!!! I logged a mile yesterday and another mile today.
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I like the 10 miles by Friday challenge. I have a little catching up to do but I think I can make it. Good luck to everyone!
  • lissa0040
    Options
    I logged two miles in today and hopefully another two each day for the five days I plan to work out! Yay! We can do it!
  • lissa0040
    Options
    Logged 3 more miles today! Add the two from yesterday and I am halfway to the 10mile goal for the week! Where's everyone at? How's your progress?
  • linda768
    linda768 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm doing better about watching what I eat. Last night I was craving Godfather's Pizza, luckily I am broke so I had to settle for what's in the house. lol I didn't get on the treadmill last night either. But, I think that cleaning the house made up for it.
  • sarita66
    Options
    Ok I am in for 3.5 miles this week so far. I need some help. How do you keep from getting blisters? I have good sneakers ANSI wore double socks but I still got a blister on my toe. I am trying to complete a 5k. I came up a little short just at 2.5 miles because of a blister.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    I'm doing better about watching what I eat. Last night I was craving Godfather's Pizza, luckily I am broke so I had to settle for what's in the house. lol I didn't get on the treadmill last night either. But, I think that cleaning the house made up for it.

I think you are safe w/ the house cleaning. As for the cravings I keep telling my husband I am saving so much money by changing my habbits b/c I am so the person who would of went and got pizza.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    Ok I am in for 3.5 miles this week so far. I need some help. How do you keep from getting blisters? I have good sneakers ANSI wore double socks but I still got a blister on my toe. I am trying to complete a 5k. I came up a little short just at 2.5 miles because of a blister.

I am wondering if maybe your shoes don't fit right. I have been running for quite some time now (on week 6 of C25K) and I have never had a blister yet. Did you go somewhere to get measured for the shoe or did you just buy them from a box store. I would try going to an athletic shoe store and talking to one of their sales staff.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    How is everyone doing today. I am at 4.5 miles and I still have a lot left to do. It is hard with my husband out of town.
  • lissa0040
    Options

I am not sure. You say they're good shoes but how's the fit? Blisters happen when the shoe rubs the toe in the wrong way so maybe the laces need tightened? Or since it's rubbing your toe maybe your shoes are too small? What I would do is tighten the laces first and put a bandaid on the place the blister forms forming another barrier to prevent rubbing. That's probably where I would start. If that doesn't work you might need new shoes. Sorry I don't have better advice. Good job on the 3.5 miles!
  • lissa0040
    Options
    I have a total of 7 miles in. I hope to finish out the challenge on Friday or maybe Saturday if I end up taking a day off at some point, but my goal is to leave down time to the weekends.
  • sarita66
    Options
    I did get them from the running store and their staff fit me for the sneakers. They maybe to worn and I need to replace them. I will try and go this weekend and buy new pair. Thanks
  • sarita66
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Thanks for the sneaker tips. I walked 1.5 miles today. I wore thinner socks and tightened the sneakers a bit and it seemed ok. I will get some new sneakers this week. I really want to finish those 10 miles this week! Good luck y'all!
  • sarita66
    Options
    Ok I am at 7.2 miles so far. Iam hoping to get the last 2.8 miles in on Friday .
  • lissa0040
    Options
    Yay! Sarita! You are almost there! Today was an awful day and I wanted to bail and eat junk but somehow I am still pushing forward. I finished my 10miles tonight while walking off the blues and stress of today. Come on guys we can do this!
  • sarita66
    Options
    Way to go Lisa! After finishing those 10 miles you don't want to go and eat those miles back! Good for you!! I am almost there. I am at 9.5 miles. I hope to get that last half mile in before the day is out. Great job everyone! I'm buying new sneakers today.
  • sarita66
    Options
    Ok, I did it! 10 miles this week! I also got fitted for a new pair of sneakers from the New England running co. They were super helpful, even picking out the right socks. I felt a little embarrassed in there surrounded by all these super fit runners, but when I quietly told the sales woman I have been working on completing a 5k and finished 10 miles this week on the treadmill she seemed genuinely excited and offered some tips. This week reminded me of the following quote.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
    Lao-Tzu (Chinese philosopher)