Do people watch you work out?

so I usually only do insanity when I'm home alone in front of my 2 year old. But today my hubby was home while I was doing it and I found myself pushing harder to make him proud. He actually was worried about me because my heart rate was around 190. But my question is... Do you let people watch you and do you find yourself trying harder when people are around? I think I might only do it when he is home if I can get a better workout lol.

Replies

• I live in a sorority house so there are ALWAYS girls around when I am working out in the living room. I agree that having an "audience" sure does get me more motivated to push myself, and dare I say it, show off lol I always give the girls a heads up that I will be working out in our living room, and it seems as if whenever I tell people I am going to workout they always seem to come downstairs and keep me company.
  • dennisnguyen
    dennisnguyen Posts: 28 Member
    I do the Insanity workouts at my place of employment. I have no shame in trying to get more fit. If the weather is good, I take my laptop to the parking lot. But in bad weather, I just do it at my desk. I get stared at by my co-workers a lot, especially when I'm doing the Insanity program and I'm wearing the "I Earned It" shirt.
  • RetaRose
    RetaRose Posts: 8 Member
    I do it with Hubby, I find we both push each other to keep going, and I don't mind looking like a tard in front of him lol. But I would never let anyone else see me do it, I know I look like a crazy person trying to keep up with the people on the video
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,082 Member
    I worked harder when there are people around the house.
    When I take work out classes at the gym, I pushed myself to the limit.