Wishes Wednesday

Options
According to the first group thread I said we were going to have something to talk about every day. I am sorry but I have slacked at that so here goes. On Wednesday we are going to talk about our wishes. It doesn't have to be weight related but it can be. That being said

WHAT DO YOU WISH FOR??????

Replies

• ALHicks
    ALHicks Posts: 145
    Options
    I wish for my two girls to grow up happy, and healthy and with a great body image. I try and be careful not to project my own weight insecurities onto them. I want them to just be healthy and happy. What more can I wish for.
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My wish is to get my body to a healthy place because I want to start having babies. My husband and I have been married six years-- we haven't even tried to get pregnant so it's not about infertility (and yes I know fat people have babies all the time). It's just that you can't predict what kind of complications you might have during pregnancy so I don't want to add to the potential problems by being so overweight. I can't put it off forever so I don't plan on getting skinny-- I just want to take most of the bulk off so I can start the process off healthy.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I wish my husband could find a better job so we could afford health insurance, start our family, and be able to get out ends to meet. and for me to get a couple more daycare kids so I can keep doing what I love (being home with my 4 year old) and not have to go get a "real job"
  • ALHicks
    Options
    My wish is to get my body to a healthy place because I want to start having babies. My husband and I have been married six years-- we haven't even tried to get pregnant so it's not about infertility (and yes I know fat people have babies all the time). It's just that you can't predict what kind of complications you might have during pregnancy so I don't want to add to the potential problems by being so overweight. I can't put it off forever so I don't plan on getting skinny-- I just want to take most of the bulk off so I can start the process off healthy.

Lissa- I don't blame you for having that wish. I lost a bunch of weight before getting pregnant w/ my twins. I am happy I did b/c I did face some problems that I think would have only been worse if I was heavier. I wish you all the luck in the world. Where there is a will there is a way.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    I wish my husband could find a better job so we could afford health insurance, start our family, and be able to get out ends to meet. and for me to get a couple more daycare kids so I can keep doing what I love (being home with my 4 year old) and not have to go get a "real job"

I will make sure to keep your family in my prayers. However; in my opinion you work harder staying at home w/ your son then some people do all day. I give stay at home moms all the credit in the world.
  • bojamashell
    bojamashell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hmm, wishes, huh? Not sure. I feel odd saying "wish" for certain things that I am thinking of because it makes me think that wishing won't get me there, so I have set goals. So intead, I'll say "I want to...."

- see my children grow up healthy
    - graduate college
    - run a marathon
    - go kayaking
    - and walk down the hall without seeing people make such a huge effort to move to the side because I'm that large. lol