PAIN

Yesterday was my day3 and I skipped it because my calves were KILLING me! Like Charlie Horses just sitting there. Not the typical soreness from working out. I'm still pretty sore today, after using Tiger Balm I'm ready to do it today.
Is anyone else exoeriencing this? Did I do something wrong?
Also, I'd love some support! Friends request me if you like!

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    I think stretching more after the Shred may help, as well as staying well hydrated. A soak in a hot bath also seemed to help me out yesterday.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Yesterday was my day3 and I skipped it because my calves were KILLING me! Like Charlie Horses just sitting there. Not the typical soreness from working out. I'm still pretty sore today, after using Tiger Balm I'm ready to do it today.
    Is anyone else exoeriencing this? Did I do something wrong?
    Also, I'd love some support! Friends request me if you like!

YES! My calves were KILLING me yesterday! That damn jump roping! LOL I took a day off yesterday and did cardio instead (per my schedule) and I feel MUCH better today!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    YES! My calves were KILLING me yesterday! That damn jump roping! LOL I took a day off yesterday and did cardio instead (per my schedule) and I feel MUCH better today!

I took a cardio day yesterday too (running). Today, my muscles are still sore but it's much more tolerable now. Back to 30DS this evening!
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Someone actually told me that after day 3, the pain goes away or isn't as bad. And, gosh darn, they were right for me!!! lol It does go away eventually! lol
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    It didnt go away completely, but I was no longer hobbeling down the stairs. Working out really, well, works it out!
  • sjjacobs1
    sjjacobs1 Posts: 17
    Ok, good! Glad to know I wasn't alone! lol Thanks!
  • I too am in pain, will just do cardio tonight and back at it tomorrow. Make sure if your muscles continue to hurt that you are not low on potasium. try Banannas and LOTS OF water. That should help.
    Keep up the hard work guys!! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • jnels
    jnels Posts: 28 Member
    Anyone experiencing knee pain? The squats are killing me, and I'm taking my time and watching my form so I dont know if it's me or maybe the fact that I've worked out more in the last 3 months than I have in my whole life!

Any suggestions on what I can do to keep knee pain at bay or how to make it feel better.....
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Anyone experiencing knee pain? The squats are killing me, and I'm taking my time and watching my form so I dont know if it's me or maybe the fact that I've worked out more in the last 3 months than I have in my whole life!

Any suggestions on what I can do to keep knee pain at bay or how to make it feel better.....

I am having knee pain but I think it's because the other day I let my knees go over the toes. I dont think I injured myself, but I think I just strained it. They are still a little sore, but the more I do the workout the more the kinks get worked out, know what I mean?
  • jnels
    jnels Posts: 28 Member
    @mandymcdaniel: I know what you mean, I'm going to try and watch my form and make sure I'm not going over my toes. Hopefully as I get stronger the discomfort will lessen!

Thanks!
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    My calves are in pain too. I can walk and all that, but while doing the jumping jacks and the jumping rope, the calves start to protest, and I stop until the pain goes away (around 3 seconds or so) and then I continue. I have problems with my hip joint, but that hasn't bothered me at all, is just the calves. Is the pain a sign that they're getting stronger?