Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Food challenge FAIL today- I was craving not making lunch and went to McDonald's- booo
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaw's!

I've been AWOE (Absent With Out Excuse) for the past few months. Job search, lawsuit, birthday, new job, all kinds of stuff.

I'm back on the bandwagon to lose the remaining weight I set for myself as a goal. I just bought my airfare to Paris in November, so I have lots of incentive to look my best on my trip.

Food-wise, I'm doing pretty well. Exercise-wise, the last week was a bust, but I'm 3 for 3 so far this week.

I noticed that the log sheet on Google docs hasn't been updated, and this past Sunday everyone posted their results to the Common Room. I couldn't find a post on the changes.

I hope everyone is well and making progress on their goals.

Gwen
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Today was a much more normal day, no tornadoes and no souffles, so I got my workout and my crunches in, and was well under my calorie goal for the day, so hopefully the scale will be more welcoming tomorrow.

Welcome to the new Ravenclaws and welcome back to the long time Ravenclaws! And everyone remember, we're over halfway to a weekend!
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    And everyone remember, we're over halfway to a weekend!

Thank you; I needed this today. :explode:
  • hollyg123
    hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How's everyone today? Just got back from the gym and did my 70 crunches, I also am going to to well on the food part today! My oldest son is having an Ice cream sundae party at school and I am going, but I am not having any ice cream even though I have been dying for some for a week now. :)
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been having the weirdest craving today. For some reason I've really been wanting some ritz crackers and I don't even know when the last time I had a ritz cracker was! The good thing is I don't have any at my apartment so there's no chance of me giving in to that! :laugh:
  • momofJandA
    Options
    Food Challenge SUCCESS- stopped at dunkin donuts for lunch after our trip to the zoo today and I didn't eat ANYTHING (I had packed a meal replacement bar knowing we would be eating unhealthy) Go me!!!!

Crunches doen every day this week- I better start to see some abs under all this fluff soon!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws! Glad to see everyone having such successes with the challenges this week! I've been getting in those ab exercises (included some planks today - ughh), but so-so on turning down those temptations. Went to Subway for lunch, and now they're including not 1 but 2 cookies with the meal - I had great intentions of saving one for tomorrow, but, well.... let's just say no cookie tomorrow, LOL. Then I saw how many calories were in 1 cookie - yikes!! Won't be doing that anymore!

@momofJandA - good job passing up the donuts! They are one of my weaknesses - I'm not sure I'd have the willpower :-)
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    @ sundancer1966 – Welcome back! We’ve missed seeing you! Jump right in – I’m getting ready to make sure everything is updated before work if I can manage it, lol.

@ _gwen - Nice to see you back at it, too! Looking forward to seeing what you can do. 

@ hollyg123 – Awesome willpower – hope you were able to avoid it. Ice cream would be a challenge for me if it was around.

@ CivicSista – Nice to meet you, Tracy! I’ll try to get you a message out soon. Last week was a different kind of week for us, but we’ll be back to our usual ASAP. 

To everyone else, hope you have an awesome weekend (and congrats on your successes this week - looks like several of you are doing very well on the craving and other challenges). I’m trying to get everything in order, but hopefully you can bear with me until I do! Thank youuu!
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    korkster and momofJandA, for having the highest number of OWLs posted last week (and the highest % of weight loss reported), the two of you will be our prefects for this week! Congrats!

momofJandA, if you could handle our food challenge, and korkster, if you could post an exercise challenge for us, I would greatly appreciate it!

For those who start their weeks on Friday (I don't think we have anyone, actually), feel free to use the previous challenge options to track your OWLs until the challenges are posted. I'll try to check in tomorrow to make sure we have something new posted for everyone by then. :)
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    **House Business**

And last of my business for the day (I think), the sheet has been updated now for the April information. I added in all the starting weights and goals that I could find, but if I missed yours or it wasn't posted, please enter it on the sheet along with your weekend weigh-in.

If you have questions, let me know! :flowerforyou:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnaZ2CBZ3MgTdGxWaWE5OVU0dkQzRE9hRko0S0huT3c#gid=0
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sweet. Thanks Kelly!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone did an excellent job with the challenges last week. I wasn't as fortunate! Let's just say me and cravings have a long road ahead of us. :laugh: Super busy the last two days and have to run now 'cause my super-busy day isn't over. Hope I'll have more time to post this weekend.

Have a good one!
  • momofJandA
    Options
    CRAP!!! I am so low on calories today- I didn't exactly mean to be- I had just a protein bar for lunch because I went for a run right after and didn't want a full stomach- then had a fight with my husband and simply forgot to eat the lunch that I had planned on eating . . . that and being out all morning (no snacks) led to a 700 calorie day :noway: and I burned like over 500 in exercise today- funny thing is I'm not hungry right now . . . crap, just crap.
    Ab work done for the day!

Food challenge for next week- WATCH THOSE CARBS!!!!! 1 OWL for every day you are at or under your carb goal
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I'm so glad it's finally the weekend! Work has been so stressful this week. I have had a chocolate craving for most of the day but I finally got it to go away (and without eating any either!)

@momofJandA- awesome food challenge cause I definitely need to watch my carbs more!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi frim New zealand! Eek, stil loving it, for anyone who wants to know, I have...
    swum with wild dolphins
    Climbed two volcanoes
    swam in three seas
    bathed in volcanic hot pools
    cruised through the fjords
    sky dived
    done a four day trek

And loads more. It is aces here! Am being dead active so not watching calories too closely, have been logging on my phone though. Will be back properly in the loop this week, hope everyone's doing well!
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Hi frim New zealand! Eek, stil loving it, for anyone who wants to know, I have...
    swum with wild dolphins
    Climbed two volcanoes
    swam in three seas
    bathed in volcanic hot pools
    cruised through the fjords
    sky dived
    done a four day trek

I'm horribly jealous, but so, so, so happy for you, too! I'm glad you're having a great time! We miss you, but you should definitely keep enjoying yourself! :D
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @ Lottee, that sounds awesome! Sounds like you're having a great time.

Well Ravenclaws, I didn't do *any* of the stomach exercises this week... because, honestly... I just kept forgetting. I'm going to give myself an OWL for today though, because I went kayaking and my stomach/"abs" are hurting just as much as my arms. Helluva work out, kayaking! Lots of fun though. I've done pretty well on the craving challenge though, bar Mon and Fri, been choosing sushi for lunch rather than chips and gravy or other greasy things. Today I'm actually a bit under my calories - yay!

I've also started doing push ups again after a few months off, and OUCH! For 2 days after my whole upper body aches, but I know that will go away once I get back into the swing of things. I'm also standing on our wave vibration machine morning and night - if you haven't heard of them, they're basically a plate you stand on that shakes up and down/side to side at different speeds, the vibration forces your muscles to micro-contract, so it's a good, low-impact way to strengthen your legs and back. My parents have one because they both have back problems. I find it really good for strengthening my legs.

Anyway, I hope you're all enjoying the long weekend, don't eat too much chocolate (unless you really really want to) :smile:
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! See what happens when you don't post? You have *no* idea what's going on. :huh:

@Lottee... take me with you! That's sounds amazing, and I am green with envy. Can you blog it? I'd love to see pictures!

Well, because I didn't check here I missed out on most of the OWLs. Thanks to zumba, I did work the core (ouch). And I did okay with resisting cravings, but it wasn't easy. I got mailed an "easter" basket filled with fruit... and chocolate. Luckily I gave the chocolate & jelly beans away (phew!). On Tuesday, we did a girls' lunch and went to get salad. We were so impressed that we were doing good that we blew it by getting dessert. Coconut lemon cake- it was heaven! I only ate half, but boy was it good!

ME??? :noway: You want me to come up with an exercise? I feel like we've done everything under the sun. How about this- WORK THE ARMS. I've noticed that I have wet noodle arms and that just won't do. I don't care how you do it (weights, push ups, zumba, etc...) but if you work out the arms during the day to the point they're sore, I think that should count as an OWL. Hopefully by the end we can all give out tickets to the gun show. :bigsmile: (reference to built arms for our foreign friends here)
  • karinane
    karinane Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Everyone!

I ran my first 5k this morning. It was very very cold and I had a bit of a breathing issue that forced me to walk a bit (that will teach me to leave my inhaler in the car), but overall it was alright. 37 minutes and I am sure I can do a lot better next time. Stupid asthma :)

@ Lottee...I'm happy you are having a good time! I love NZ and wish I was there too! I know it isn't good for the diet but have a tim tam for me :) If you get a chance and are by Christchhurch go to Mt. Sunday. It is a little day trip out of the city, and is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.

I hope that everyone is having a good day and a wonderful start to their weekend!