Ideas to help motivate you to excercise

Options
How do you find motivation to exercise when you just don’t feel like getting off your A--

Here are a few ideas we can use to get motivated:

1) THIS GROUP And MFP friends- being accountable to each other.

2) finding a RELIABLE! MOTIVATED workout partner (one of the best motivators!)

3) logging exercise

4) reading magazines

5) books and websites

6) rewarding ourselves

7) How you feel after a workout. I always feel great after a good workout. It’s a high.

8) taking Time for you. many people make time to take care of others (kids, spouse, other family, co-workers, boss), they don’t often
make time to take care of themselves. Instead, make your “ME" time a priority, and don’t miss that exercise appointment.

9) Calories burned. If you count calories (and it’s really one of the most effective ways to lose weight), you know that the more you
exercise, the more calories you burn — and the bigger your calorie deficit.

10) Having fun. Exercise should be fun. If it isn’t, try a different kind of activity that you enjoy. As long as you’re moving, it’s good for
you.

11) How you’re going to look. Imagine a slimmer, fitter you. Now let that visualization drive you.

12) Magazines. It motivates me to read fitness magazines. Not sure why, but it works.

13) Cover models. Sure, they’re genetically freaky, and probably Photoshopped to look perfect.

14) Blogs. I enjoy reading blogs about people who are into running, or losing weight. It can show the ups and downs they go
through, and you can learn from their experiences.

15) Success stories. success stories of others incredibly inspiring.

16) Forums. Do the monthly challenge on Zen Habits forums, or join another forum full of like-minded or like-goaled peopled. Check
in daily. It really helps.

17) Rewards. If you exercise for a few days, give yourself a reward! A week? Another reward. Do it often in the beginning. Set a
goal for your reward.

18) Fitting into new clothes. Wanna look good in a smaller size? Work out!

19) Adrenaline rush. Ride that rush to complete the workout.

20) Stress relief. makes a world of difference.

21) Time for contemplation.

22) Sign up for a class, perhaps with a friend, and you’ll be motivated to get there and work out.

23) Find a coach or trainer.

24) exercise log/graph. For some reason, writing it down is extremely important. It will help gage improvements and make yourself
accountable.

25) Your before picture. You often don’t realize how far you’ve come. Take pictures. I have a hard time with this one,but will do it
and not look at it until I have hit my first goal.

26) The dread of feeling “yuck” from not exercising.

27) THE SCALEThe scale. weigh yourself once a week, you’ll be motivated to have it keep going down, instead of up. Combine the
scale with the measuring tape, and measure your waist.

28) Reaching a goal. Set a goal for weight, or your waist measurement. Setting and tracking a goal helps motivate you to complete
that goal. Make it easily achievable.

29) Posting it on your blog. Tell people you’re going to lose weight or exercise daily, and report to them. You’ll make it happen.

30) Motivational quotes. I like to print them out or put them on my computer desktop.

31) Others commenting on how good you look. When someone notices the changes in your body, it feels good. And it makes you
want to work out more.

32) An upcoming day at the beach, or special occasion.

What motivates you?

Replies

• Lisa2532
    Lisa2532 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is excellent Heaven. Another tip for motivation to exercise is to listen to music that really pumps you up. That always makes me perform better. So today I walked for 45 min as well as did 25 min on the elliptical. Im getting kind of bored at the gym. What can I do tomorrow. I really dont know how Im going to fit in exercise. I have work from 8:30 - 4:30 and then school from 6-8:30. In between the two I have to pick up my daughter from her daycare and drop her off to the daycare at my school and then when I get home I probably will be dead tired!! But still I want to get at least 30 min in. Should I do a quick 20 min video?
  • Lisa2532
    Lisa2532 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to invite people to join this group, how do I do that?
  • Marysworld2
    Options
    This is excellent Heaven. Another tip for motivation to exercise is to listen to music that really pumps you up. That always makes me perform better. So today I walked for 45 min as well as did 25 min on the elliptical. Im getting kind of bored at the gym. What can I do tomorrow. I really dont know how Im going to fit in exercise. I have work from 8:30 - 4:30 and then school from 6-8:30. In between the two I have to pick up my daughter from her daycare and drop her off to the daycare at my school and then when I get home I probably will be dead tired!! But still I want to get at least 30 min in. Should I do a quick 20 min video?

Hey Lisa, what about taking a 30 min walk with your daughter before school? That way you can killed two birds 1) getting your excercise in and most important 2) spending special Mommy, daughter time with your precious girl.

Just a thought. You sure have a lot on your plate.
  • Marysworld2
    Options
    By the way, my name is Mary or Heaven...whatever you like. ;o)
  • amsaunders0313
    Options
    Great job Mary!! I agree with Lisa - my go to is music!!
  • Marysworld2
    Options
    Great job Mary!! I agree with Lisa - my go to is music!!

So I challenge you guys to make a great mix and incorporate it. In your workout. see how it makes you feel, excercise more etc.
  • Marysworld2
    Options

Lisa give them the name send them a message or give me their user names and ams or I will invite.
  • Marysworld2
    Options

Lisa give them the name send them a message or give me their user names and ams or I will invite.