Question about rest days

Options
Ok, so, my gym is closed on Friday and Saturday for Easter break this week so that means I can't do my workout on Friday. I also lifted today. Should I just go ahead and workout two days in a row and go tomorrow or wait till Monday which means 5 straight days without lifting??? What would you do?

Replies

• kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just posted almost that exact question in the Stage 1 thread!

I know that we're supposed to allow for 48 hours between sessions, but since I'll be lifting Wed morning around 8:30/9 a.m. and then not again until Thurs evening around 6/7p.m., I think that might be sufficient. Not ideal, but okay given the circumstances. I really hate to have to wait from Wed all the way to Mon!

The week after that I'm travelling for business and I assume the hotel won't have free weights, so I'll be unfortunately taking nearly a full week off at that point as it is.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    As was said in the stage 1 thread, if you can lift two days in a row you're not lifting heavy enough weights! I'm someone who's never been sore after exercise and honestly I struggle to walk the day after.

I would avoid it. It's really not good for your muscles.
  • bunnylvr
    bunnylvr Posts: 78
    Options
    So if I'm struggling to do my last rep with proper form while I'm actually lifting but not super sore the day after I'm not lifting heavy enough? I'm not sure I agree with that. I was working pretty hard yesterday, sweat was dripping off my face doing deadlifts.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I would wait. It's better that you get more rest than not enough.

Like what Alywyn says in his book - Sometimes life forces you into short breaks and there is nothing wrong with that! I actually think it will be good for you :)
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I'll do Thursday night workout. If you feel up to it, do it, if not take the break.