NRoLfW Friends Please :-)

Options
388gigi
388gigi Posts: 485 Member
Hi All,

Would love to have some supportive friends on here who are also doing the NRoLfW program.

I haven't started yet. Got the book yesterday and am ready to start the workouts either tomorrow (Friday) or Monday!

I'm Aussie and 24 years old (nearly) :-)

174cm / 5'7"

SW 75kg / 166lbs

CW 69.9kg / 154lbs

GW 65kg / 143lbs

Although I do plan on ditching the scales for the measuring tape. I'm going to measure myself this weekend :-)

Add me or let me know who you are and I'll add you!

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Happy to welcome a "friend" invitation, 388gigi. I'm older than you. Taller than you. And I'm in Stage 3. But, I'm very supportive of the women who are moving through this program and progressing!!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I'm just about to start Stage 2. I'm really enjoying it but struggling with the calorie part of it and finding what the right balance should be. I'd love the support too. I'll send friend requests.
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!
    I am on week 4 of stage one. I am loving this book and the structure.
    I could definately use some NR friends!
  • HurrikaneHeather721
    Options
    I would LOVE some NROL4W friends, as well. I just started - my second workout is today. I am 25, have a three-year-old daughter and I am looking to lose about 30 pounds, but don't want to be "skinny fat" which is why I am doing this program (which I love so far!)
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have some NROLFW friends too! I'm on week five of stage 1 and have seen some awesome results and I love how powerful I feel after each workout.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm currently in my second week of stage 1, I'm 26, looking to lose 70-75lbs. so I'm doing a lot of cardio in between lifting days. Feel free to add me, anyone in the group! :smile:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    hi there!

feel free to add me.

i'm almost at the end of stage 1 but this is my second time going through NR (completed it 2 years ago).

i started off this time needing to lose 80 pounds but now it's down to 60 pounds. whoohooo.
  • DoodleDaft
    Options
    I'd love some NROL4W friends too, I have the book but I'm frightened to start! :-))
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    feel free to friend me...am gearing up to start - booked a session next week with a trainer to teach me how to use the free weights (more someone to hold my hand the first time I enter the room as the Ladies only section at my gym is closed at present). Gonna have a practice run through the routine at home first using imaginary weights...

seeing everyone elses calorie intake made me feel disappointed that mine is 1500 for non-workout days, 1755 for workout days (36yr old, 5' tall, 140lbs) but think I can survive on that....

looking forward to this!!!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I started Stage 1 last week, but hit a bump this week due to a nasty virus! Going to restart next week after some R&R! (hubby is going to start with me too!)
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well,I'm on Stage 4...I'll cheer you on for sure!:smile:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Hey, I'm a similar size to you, 5'7, CW 160. I'm about 3/4 through stage 1. I would love to have some more friends doing the program!

Feel free to add me, anyone else as well!
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in Stage 3 and you all are welcome to add me as well :flowerforyou:
  • eponine1976
    eponine1976 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just added everyone on this thread (did anyone know you could only add 5 friends in a 10 minute period?). I just started the program on Tuesday. I know at least some weeks I'm only going to get 2 workouts in rather than 3, but I'm going to do my best to always get at least two. I get sick a LOT though (bronchitis and pneumonia several times a year among other problems) so that might get in the way some weeks. I'm going to do my best though to get my workouts in any time I possibly can.

About me: I'm 35 yrs old and I have a 2.5 yr old son and a 2.5 month old daughter. I had gestational diabetes with both kids and I was told after my first child was born that I have prediabetes and that in order to prevent Type 2 I would have to adopt lifelong healthy eating and exercise. I took my doctor seriously and after that diagnosis I managed to lose all my baby weight from that pregnancy plus another 25 lbs using food tracking/diet and regular cardio exercise. I'd never really exercised in all my life so that was huge and after a while I even started enjoying it. I actually love cardio now! I did NOT do any type of strength training though. I managed to maintain my weight loss until I got pregnant with my daughter and naturally I started gaining again with the pregnancy since that is what a woman is supposed to do.

I'm now 10 weeks postpartum and I've already lost over half of the baby weight with cardio and food tracking, but I've decided that I would really like to incorporate strength training into the mix which is why I got this book. I don't really enjoy strength training though (which is why I didn't do it before) but I'm hoping that as I get stronger I will start to enjoy strength training just like I enjoy cardio. There are SO many benefits to strength training and it's pretty useful being stronger for every day tasks that I really want to do this.

I would really love to have some buddies to be accountable to in order to make sure I keep at it on days when I'm tempted to skip the gym!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 36, 5'8", bouncing between 145-150, married, 2 boys-9 and 7, finished NROLFW a month ago and loved it!
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    Awesome..I just began nrolfw this week. Tomorrow is workout number three (stage one wo A week 2). Looking forward to seeing more results to my lower body and mid section. Please feel free to add me.