Workout routine

Options
What do you like to do when you workout? Are there certain cardio machines you favor? Are there certain strength training exercises you tend to do more then others?

I like to do 45mins to an hour of cardio and some strength training. I used to love the elliptical but lately the treadmill has been getting more of my attention. It was time to change my workout routine up a little bit. I tend to alternate days between arms and legs with the strength training so my muscles don't get too sore. But I do my abs every time I work out because that's where I want to see things start to change. To lose some of that little belly bulge.

Replies

• mjdani
    mjdani Posts: 9
    Options
    I really like the rowing machine. If done right your abs, arms, legs, and back get a workout. I usually will do some strength training after, but if I am short of time I do not feel guilty if I have to skip it occasionally:smile:
  • elisacanada
    Options
    I am soooooooo lucky to have a gym at my office. It took me several month before deciding to sign in but it is really worth it ! I just have to go during my lunch hour 3 times a week . I never thought I would like to go to the gym but when it become a routing it is really a godo feeling. :tongue:
  • blen85
    blen85 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't like doing the same routine's day in and day out.. I like to do 25-30 minutes on my exercise bike and then do 50-100 sit ups then if I don't want to do that one day I'll go play Just Dance on the Wii or the Wii Fit for a half hour.. just depends on my mood (:
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do three days cardio only (elliptical and rowing) and three days of cardio (elliptical only) and strength training. I aim for 70-80 minute workouts and basically do circuit trainit with the free weights and crunches...seems to be working. The music keeps me from getting too bored (thank you iPod!).

I prefer to bike, hike, ski etc, but the gym helps keep me disciplined...I am very lucky to have agreat gym 2 minutes from my house :bigsmile:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Lately, I have just been walking, walking, walking. I am adding in a once a week fitness class, beginning next week, an early bird workout that I have participated in before. It is pretty brutal, just a good mix of cardio, strength, core, semi-circuit type workout. I really need to add some major strength training but just haven't done so yet.
  • tyabd
    tyabd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am doing 20 min jillian Michaels 30 DS every day and 5-10 min extra cadio three times a week
  • trinoc
    trinoc Posts: 73
    Options
    I have an elliptical at home so that's my cardio. I started at 10 minutes (and seriously, that felt like a LOT) and added 5 minutes a week. Tomorrow I'll be at 40 minutes. I do it at least 6 days a week. That is also when I get to get some serious reading done. I like to read better than listen to music while I'm on the elliptical.

I'm going to start doing Yoga for the strength aspect. I keep saying "going to start". I just need to get it started! Once I heard that Yoga is Madonna's strength training of choice I was convinced. :-)

My ultimate goal is to do 1 hour of yoga 3 days a week and run 6 days a week. I want to get back into a pretty serious running habit. My knees just aren't ready for that, yet.

I like to play Wii Just Dance with my daughter but that doesn't happen real often.