Learn to run program

Options
moepwr
moepwr Posts: 349 Member
SInce I haven't run in over three years I am starting from scratch. Here is the training program I am following. I am into week three.

http://www.littlebigrun.ca/UserFiles/File/Running Room Training/Weekly Training Program for Learn to Run(1).pdf

Replies

• MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Cool! Thanks for starting this group. I'm a pretty big girl still, but I want to be an athlete again. I let too many things get in my way, but I'm getting serious about being fit now. I've been working out for a few months and things were getting kind of stale in the gym, so I signed up for a sprint triathlon in June. Something to focus on other than that dumb scale. I'm also planning on doing a 5 mile run for women and probably a 1/2 marathon in August.
    I'm in the middle of week 5 of the c25k training and just managed to swim freestyle for 30 minutes without drowning. It's a start. I've got 10 weeks to make the best of it. :) Woot woot!
  • ambersimmons39
    ambersimmons39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have recently finished the c25k program and I have never ran in my life! I would encourage anyone to try it....it really does work:) I need to pick up speed to do the 5K in 30 minutes but I'm running:) It really feels great! I have a running buddy and we are running our first 5K in May. Glad I found this group!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    What is the C25k program? I have seen it several times. I have been a runner several times and succeeded only when I started small. That is why I like the walk one run one start. I'm up to walk one run two. I am actually training to work up to a training program. LOL! The last time I trained for this race I started on their schedule and failed! I still ran the race but I finished a full 70 min after the rest of my team and I hurt for days! Hopefully this time I can keep up!
  • sncolon
    sncolon Posts: 2
    Options
    I did my first 5k on March 31, 2012 and used C25k but I needed to do more running per week and finished the race in 43 minutes. But now I know that I need to train more to do my second. It is free and a great program.