May/June 2012 Workout Challenge

Options
aims78
aims78 Posts: 75 Member
Hello Everyone!

I wanted to start a work out challenge starting next month, it's called 100 Miles in 60 Days, starting May 1st, 2012! You can earn these miles by walking, running, elliptical, steps, cross ramp machines, swimming, or biking can also be done! So who is up for the challenge????

Replies

• Marysworld2
    Options
    Me!! We can incorporate it into the group challenge.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    So that would require a pedometer?
  • Marysworld2
    Options
    So that would require a pedometer?

Good question Roch. Aims?
  • aims78
    Options
    No, it woudn't require a pedometer, the gym type of equipment should give you the miles, you walked, ran etc., and there is an app you can use outside the gym called mapmyfitness.com and it will give you the the miles that you went etc.
  • realhousewife_windsor
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge, how do we log our miles?
  • realhousewife_windsor
    Options
    My name is Melissa and i love to walk
  • Marysworld2
    Options
    Hi. Melissa. Nice to meet you. Aims is monitoring this particular challenge it is between 5/1 and 6/30. Correct me Aims if I am wrong. But we will be posting daily. As to the othe I have daily posts for people to post on and if we don't see people on here posting I encourage everyone to send messages with a bit of a little encouragement. ;o)

The ongoing challenge is to do some kind of exercise and hopefully make it creative whenever possible.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have a Fitbit and I'm loving it. Love to challenge myself and see how many steps I can get daily.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    No, it woudn't require a pedometer, the gym type of equipment should give you the miles, you walked, ran etc., and there is an app you can use outside the gym called mapmyfitness.com and it will give you the the miles that you went etc.

I don't use gym equipment. :frown: Most of my workouts are kickboxing and weights.
  • amsaunders0313
    Options
    Count me in!
  • aims78
    Options

I don't use gym equipment. :frown: Most of my workouts are kickboxing and weights.

Well that sucks, I'm sorry! do you do any walking/jogging/running???
  • aims78
    Options
    Hi. Melissa. Nice to meet you. Aims is monitoring this particular challenge it is between 5/1 and 6/30. Correct me Aims if I am wrong. But we will be posting daily. As to the othe I have daily posts for people to post on and if we don't see people on here posting I encourage everyone to send messages with a bit of a little encouragement. ;o)

The ongoing challenge is to do some kind of exercise and hopefully make it creative whenever possible.

Mary, you are correct on the dates of the challenge, I would only say that when it comes to the challenge, make sure you check in on the days that you are doing the exercise so if you take a day off you don't need to check in unless you want to!

Good Luck Melissa
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Well that sucks, I'm sorry! do you do any walking/jogging/running???

Nah, not enough to count for a challenge. It's ok. :smile: