It's GO TIME!

Options

Replies

• 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    I don't remember when I last updated here but I have been doing my push ups. I have been doing sets of 15 but last night I decided to see how far I could go. I did 20 in a row then did 15 and 16 for my 51. I have never done 20 of any kind of push up in a row let alone the feet elevated ones that I am doing for this. I had noodle arms when I was done and could barely cross the day off the calender.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Done up thru and including today!
    Where is everyone? You guys still hanging in here?
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Today was the first day I really felt it was tough! How is everyone else getting on? I'm chuffed to bits that I have now worked up to doing part of the set as full push ups (adding one full push up each day) and the rest as box push ups with no rest (27 full ones today!). Think I'm reaching the limit of doing this many without taking break, but we'll see. I'm definately WAY stronger than I've ever been in my upper body - yay! :drinker:
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    F*cked up my shoulder doing presses... Going to try to keep doing these at an incline till it heals.
  • Mcctin65
    Options
    60 done for today and yesterday I caught up on some I had missed from the weekend.
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted in a long time, and I got behind for a few days this past weekend because we had company. I kept forgetting! :blushing:
    Anyway, I'm updating my ticker because I'll have them caught up by the end of today. :happy:

Cfjrm4.png
  • Mcctin65
    Options
    Lost my momentum! WIll have to catch up!
  • Mcctin65
    Options
    Finally caught up then took a break this weekend. My right shoulder hurts :(
    Will start again today .. shooting for 72
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Didn't officially join the group until today, but have actually been participating in the challenge since January 1st. I completed 82 push-ups this morning! I've been breaking them into sets as necessary and trying to improve my form as I progress. I can't believe how much I've progressed since the beginning of the year. ^_^

Best of luck to everyone who's still hanging in here!
  • Mcctin65
    Options
    I quit... loser..
  • fitphoenix
    Options
    I quit... loser..

You could always start again! ^_^

(Actually, most of the people I've mentioned the challenge to think that once you get to a certain number, you should work your way down again and then back up once more, to give yourself a little break from the crazy. If I find it getting too tough, I'll give this a go. There have definitely been plenty mornings where I want to throw in the towel, lol.)
  • Mcctin65
    Options
    I think I will start again.. Today I will do 100 and then I'll decide what I will do from there. I was feeling much stronger so I would like to keep pushups as part of my daily routine.
  • fitphoenix
    Options
    ^

Go for it! Overall, it's definitely made me feel stronger, and I try to keep that in mind on the days where it seems very tough.

And in the end, every pushup we manage is an achievement. :)
  • bullet1
    bullet1 Posts: 61
    Options
    If this was the only thing I was doing I might have stuck with it, but 5 weeks ago I started P90X and keeping up with this and that would have been too much. Good Luck Everyone.
  • fitphoenix
    Options
    ^ I hope P90X is going great for you. :)
  • fitphoenix
    Options
    Happy 100th push-up day, everyone! ^_^
  • Mcctin65
    Options
    I did 100 yesterday. Will shoot for 105 today and try to get back in to it!
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    Hows it going y'all?.. keeping up?.. Hey Pepe Greg.. maybe we should do a role call?
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Anyone still hanging in there?
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    One of my buddies from church and I are still in it. Everyone else in my world quit. With the other stuff I am doing I can't do the pushups every day, but I am staying on track with the count. I also had to break them up into sets. Doing these have really been a great part of my warmup and also my program. I'm so glad you started this.