Just finished Day 4

Options
basenji
basenji Posts: 208 Member
Day 1 was easy, day 2 was bad, day 3 was ok but today (day 4) has been rough. I've had headaches, tiredness, crabbiness, etc. Today I'm hungry and feel like I'm not going to be able to get through the first month on Medifast. We took the kids to a fun pizza place. They all ate pizza and I had a side salad and dried out chicken breast. I felt proud of myself for that but also cranky. Please tell me it gets easier after the first week! I have a month's worth of food and I really want to make this work!

Replies

• cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I bet you're going to feel 100 times better tomorrow. Day 4 is often the toughest for people... and then it gets MUCH better.

Good for you for staying OP at a pizza joint! Not sure I could have done it!
  • basenji
    Options
    Thank you! You just made me feel SO much better.
  • AJHarman
    AJHarman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How are you feeling? It can take up to 5 days to get into fat burn. Many hit it by day 3, some day 4, and some day 5. Hope you hit it and feel awesome!
  • basenji
    Options
    How are you feeling? It can take up to 5 days to get into fat burn. Many hit it by day 3, some day 4, and some day 5. Hope you hit it and feel awesome!

I'm feeling really good! I just completed my first week and lost 4 lbs!! I feel like I can do this!
  • marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think I was crabbier until I figured out which Medifast foods were edible and which were yuck. The biggest motivator is every week getting on the scale and see that it's always a loss. I've only been hungry once and I just had an extra bar. Eating every 2 or 3 hours keeps me from getting the munchies and it didn't take me long at all to fall into a rhythm with it.

Congrats on feeling great now and your loss so far!
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have gone back on medifast after falling off plan a few times. It just flat out sucks. But I swear,if you can make it past the first week, it just becomes not that big a deal.