Older Not That Heavy Girls?

Options
Swissmiss
Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
I am just wondering if there are any older ladies here. I am sure that you can guess by this question that I am one of them. We have special circumstances which make losing weight a bit harder to do.

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 41. Is that considered "older"?
  • sumba11239
    sumba11239 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    42 here. Sad thing was that I had to think about it really hard to remember how old I was. I think that's part of the definition of 'older'.
  • karen250463
    karen250463 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 49 and find I'm losing and gaining the same few lbs.
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 50. I know that makes me older, and boy do I feel it when I'm trying to keep up with Jillian.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: sumba11239 and Spanaval, I have a son who is older than both of you. :laugh: So, I am thinking that the ladies here who are much older than you may be able to give you some advice and sympathy. We are struggling with the age thing and we know that you will be soon, also. A lot of it is hormonal and also the fact that our bodies can't do what they could years ago.
  • blowsfire
    blowsfire Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    turn 41 this year.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    42 this year and finding its getting harder to keep fit and a healthy weight as I get older.
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and 3/4. Guess you're referencing me. LOL.

I am gaining and losing the same few pounds. I'm thinking that my body just doesn't want me to be THAT small again, sadly. Granted, I never worked out; never watched what I ate. Then I stepped on the scale in January and cried hysterically. I KNEW it didn't feel the same and the scale confirmed it.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm 37, and this has been the most active I've ever been in my life. I'm glad to see there are people in my age range. :smile:
  • alexzepp
    alexzepp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    45 - and working out 18 hours a week - may look " old" but I sure feel young.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    45 - and working out 18 hours a week - may look " old" but I sure feel young.

Wow, just how do you do it??
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    44, 3 little kids, full time job. It is much harder now than at 20 to stay fit. Many more responsibilities, and the hormones are against us. On the positive side, I think we have more discipline and knowledge.