Workout for 4/5

Options
Post for 4/5

Morning all. Let's try to find fun, creative ways to get some excercise in that you normally don't do. Like volunteer work e.g. Park clean up, food bank, beach clean up...whatever strikes your fancy or your imagination. Workout with your children, nieces nephews, grandchildren...this will foster closer bonds and incorporate kids play. Explore your town, go to a place in your town that you can walk, run,skate, fly a kite. Explore where you live. Join a hiking, sking, bowling, tennis group or club, you will have fun and make new friends at same time. It's all up to you. But let's try to do some kind of excercise everyday (Sunday is a free day or can be switched for another day).

Make posts about what you come up with to help inspire us all. But first and foremost let's just get our bodies moving everyday.

Replies

• AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Well Mary, it's a super nice day here in NJ so I'll be outside running around with the kiddos (and dog) all day. That should be some great exercise!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This morning I did Turbo Jam Fat Blaster. Burned 241 calories in 30 minutes. Really wanted to do something longer, but I overslept. My mom picked up a bottle of melatonin for me and she's giving it to me tomorrow. Hopefully it will help me sleep so I can get up earlier for my workouts.
  • Marysworld2
    Options
    Well Mary, it's a super nice day here in NJ so I'll be outside running around with the kiddos (and dog) all day. That should be some great exercise!

See Amy, what agreat way to start the day and have fun with your kids and even the dog....nice!!!
  • Marysworld2
    Options
    This morning I did Turbo Jam Fat Blaster. Burned 241 calories in 30 minutes. Really wanted to do something longer, but I overslept. My mom picked up a bottle of melatonin for me and she's giving it to me tomorrow. Hopefully it will help me sleep so I can get up earlier for my workouts.

Kicking *kitten* and taking names Roch. You go girl...now I'm going to have to step it up. ;o)
  • Marysworld2
    Options
    Walked 2.5miles down at our waterfront. Just beautiful, until it started hailing. It is April right?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.5miles down at our waterfront. Just beautiful, until it started hailing. It is April right?

Did you get caught in it?!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    did my 4 sets of 25 Ab exercises--some of these I could not do 6 weeks ago! Plus some lower-body work with body wieight first then adding hand weights: wall squats, plie squats, hamstring pulls, and side steps with the resistance band.
  • Marysworld2
    Options

Did you get caught in it?!

I did. But it's all good.
  • Marysworld2
    Options
    did my 4 sets of 25 Ab exercises--some of these I could not do 6 weeks ago! Plus some lower-body work with body wieight first then adding hand weights: wall squats, plie squats, hamstring pulls, and side steps with the resistance band.