Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds, Healthy Hearts and Happy Spir

Options
I was so excited when Lucy invited me to be a team captain in her reader fitness challenge! I am so grateful for this opportunity! Thank you Lucy!

It is such a joy to be doing this. Each week I plan to address another area of health and wellness on the blog which lives on the home page of my website, as well as sharing a bit of my personal journey toward wellness.

You'll find the first blog post up today: Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds, Healthy Hearts and Happy Spirits

Next Friday I will post another. (You can expect them on Fridays unless I am traveling in which case they may be a bit earlier or later.)

I really do love to hear from readers, so please leave comments on anything and everything.

Oh I do hope everyone will take a moment right now to take stock of where you are in your body and how you are feeling. Then remember that and then place it aside.
Because by the end of this twelve week fitness challenge I'll suggest we all do this again so we can both see and feel how far we have all come!

Love and light,
Debra

http://www.debraparmley.com
"Speading love one story at a time."

Replies

• Lucy_Monroe
    Lucy_Monroe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, Debra! I knew you were going to make the Challenge even better by participating! Can you post a link to the blog? I'm having difficulty finding it. Operator error, I know, but please? :)

Mega hugs,
    Lucy :)
  • mybookcravings
    Options
    A friend of mine started losing weight and then for some reason she gave up right in the middle. She called me a week ago that she is back on it but what helped her was a journal. She created a journal at livejournal and basically wrote everything that happened and photographed her progress. So I created mine and let me tell you it took courage. I love taking pictures but hate being the main photographed. As you can see me uploading my pics especially my body is the most courageous thing I've done today. Here's the link: http://enchantedgirl81.livejournal.com/.

Melinda
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that Melinda...it takes both courage and determination to succeed on this journey and you've proven you have both! Hugs!
  • DebraParmley
    Options
    My blog post is up for this week. This weeks topic is Eating To Lose Weight.

You'll find it right on my home page.

http://debraparmley.com/
  • DebraParmley
    Options
    Melinda, congratulations on taking that brave step! Journaling is a great idea!
    Thank you for sharing with us.

Love and light,
    Debra
  • DebraParmley
    Options
    This weeks fitness friday blog blog is up on my website:

http://www.debraparmley.com

This weeks topic is water for good health and weight loss

Love and light,

Debra
  • momlina
    momlina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Debra,
    I read both your blogs about not eating enough and water. I always knew water was important but I never knew water affected the metabolism. I usually drink a couple of bottles a day and iced tea the other times. After reading your blog it’s now water, water, water. Today I had already drunk 6 cups by 3PM!
    Keep those blogs coming!
    Linda
  • tashnz75
    tashnz75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just read your post with interst Debra, I too didnt know why water was so important, thanks for that! Makes sense. When I first started on MFP I tried to put one glass of water between my coffee's, it almost felt like quiting smoking haha. Now I'm more like three to four glassess imbetween my coffees. Yay, looking forward to the journey everyone. :)
  • HealthyLivingKathy
    HealthyLivingKathy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Since my heart transplant, I've always been running dry (dehydrated). I had Congestive Heart Failure which mean you drastically restrict your fluids. Now I need to drink more and it is a hard habit to break. Thanks to logging into MFP, it has become much easier to do and keep track of. Water it is.
  • momlina
    Options
    We I was first dianosed I had to cut down severly on my activities.(I was told I was 80% disabled) I spent years thinking how do I do this more energy efficient? Now 25 years later, I am feeling better (no not cured just a better) I am able to do more but after years of not doing it's hard to get up and go. I need to reprogram my brain.
  • DebraParmley
    Options
    I am so glad that the Friday Fitness articles are helpful! That makes my heart feel happy! :-)

Todays fitness post is a video I want to share about why stretching is so important. It changed my life. I now stretch like a cat every morning.

As always go to www.debraparmley.com and the post is on my home page.

Have a beautful Easter weekend and even if you don't make it to the gym or get your workout in, remember to stretch!

Love and light,

Debra
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Options
    Thanks so much, Debra! These are fabulous! :)

Hugs,
    Lucy
  • DebraParmley
    Options
    :-) I'm so glad they are helping, Lucy! :-)

Well I missed last weeks with the RT convention going on, but will resume this Friday.

This week my topic is sleep and weight loss. Boy did I learn a lot about what sleep deprivation can do while I was at RT! lol
    Maybe falling off the health and fitness wagon has a plus side if the lessons are learned and remembered. :-)

Love and light,
    Debra
  • DebraParmley
    Options
    This weeks fitness post is up on my blog!
    www.debraparmley.com

The topic is sleep and weight loss along with sleep deprivation.

http://www.debraparmley.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=40:to-lose-weight-and-gain-health-prioritize-sleep-and-what-happens-with-sleep-deprivation&Itemid=1
  • momlina
    Options
    I have a picture of me bending over in a bathingsuit. Its not pretty. Lol
    I'm sure your pictures are beautiful.
  • DebraParmley
    Options
    Pictures! Oh my goodness. I had a picture on facebook I had to ask a friend to take down. Three couples out to dinner and I was sitting on hubby's lap with my back to the camera. It makes my hind end look three times the size it is! That was the night I split out the seat of my jeans. And they were Coldwater Creek stretch fabric! Oh my. Pictures.
    They can be very motivating, though can't they?
  • DebraParmley
    Options
    http://www.debraparmley.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=42:cortisol-and-weight-gain-how-i-gained-weight-without-eating-when-my-husband-nearly-died&Itemid=1

Todays post is up on my blog!

Cortisol and weight gain: How I Gained Weight Without Eating When My Husband Nearly Died
  • DebraParmley
    Options
    This weeks post is up on my blog.

Yoga what it is and what it can do for us..

http://debraparmley.com/