PERSONAL SUCCESSES

Options
I have to brag about this because I'm so stoked.♥ I took on a challenge to walk a 5K in the pool. I wasn't certain I could do this in one day and thought I might have to do half at a time. I DID IT!! Okay so I didn't break any records (2 hr 35 min). I was competing against myself and I finished without a rest period. WOOHOO. My mile time is also down 2 min from last week (55 min to 53 min).

I know this may seem lame to those of you in great condition. At the end of 2011, I was using a WALKER. For me this is fantastic. Next time it will be better!! ♥ ♥ ♥ I'm so tired but so pumped up I can't sleep, HUGS

Replies

• mybookcravings
    Options
    That is great and excited for you. I injured my hip back in january fell down on my butt so any extensive walking hurts for me but still trying. I don't have a pool but I can imagine with the water being heavy it was hard for you. Just think of the little train that could you can do it with big smile saying I CAN DO IT. Great job.

Melinda
  • valeriecozart
    Options
    I think that is wonderful! You are doing so great, before long that time will drop even more. Congratulations!! Keep up the good more and "just keep swimming". :flowerforyou:
  • momlina
    momlina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are the one that inspires me. You did 5k in pool and I'm just proud of myself for not parking in the handicapped spaces. I parked in the back rows this week. I just keep thinking if she can do all that ..... I have not used my wheelchair in about 4 yrs. I feel better but After years of low physical activity it's hard to get out of that rut.
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Lucy_Monroe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous! Great job, Kathy...that new heart is working amazingly well for you! :)
  • MonicaBurnsAuthor
    Options
    That is sooo awesome!! How do you do a 5K in the pool you mean you swim or you mean you walk up and down the length of the pool. Whichever, I know it's exhausting physically. WTG!
  • GinPrice
    GinPrice Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I'm so proud of you. Well done, and here's to getting better a step at a time!!

Best,
    Gin
  • lucy0326
    lucy0326 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thats great!! Its doesnt matter if other people see it as lame, as long as its a victory for you thats all that matters! :D
  • erikarose13
    Options
    That is wonderful!! What a great accomplishment!!
  • CeeGray
    CeeGray Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Okay I am way impressed. You have a new heart? WOO! Friend of mine's mom got a new heart at Christmas and is doing amazing too! Am very happy for you.