Rewards system

Options
PBmaria
PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
Do any of you keep track of how many days you've been binge-free?

I'm debating whether or not to start a reward system for every X days of staying in control. I was thinking about small things, nothing expensive at all. For example, I was feeling extremely bingey yesterday and it took every ounce of self control not to eat a snickers PB egg so I was thinking maybe I should eat it tomorrow night, which would mark my 5th binge-free day!

Of course it shouldn't always be food, so I'm thinking for my 15th, I shouldn't have to worry about neither making dinner or cleaning up! I'm sure my incredibly supportive husband wouldn't mind doing both for one night!

I was going to get a pet turtle this weekend but my husband has challenged me to go binge-free for 30 days before I get one. Seems tough but I've been wanting a turtle for a while now so I'll just have to buck up!

Any input?

Replies

• sophy28
    sophy28 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sound like a great idea to me... defiantly think the rewards shouldn't be food related though.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    i did for a while, but I found that it was making me focus too much on it. Now I just go day by day. Get my exercise and healthily food in and log log log....Each of has to find what works for us individually. Mostly what I am working on is limiting the damage and not trying to prevent. That way if I feel like a pint of ice cream in the evening, as long as that doesn't lead to cleaning out the refrigerator, it's a WIN WIN. LOL.
  • njovicevic
    Options
    I was just thinking about the same thing tonight because I was doing pretty okay and then the past few days I just died and I need to get back in control. I tried to think about the things that I like to do...but I didn't want to restrict myself from doing anything more than I love to do so I though rewards would be better than more restrictions...

So the two things I thought of were:
    1. Putting stickers on a calendar for every day that I live up to whatever my set expectations are.
    2. If I stick to these for at least 6 of the 7 days of the week I get myself a charm for a charm bracelet. *Note that if I don't live up to my expectations for one of those days but overdue the eating, that doesn't count either. I'm talking like....a small amount of cheating.

Of course it doesn't have to be a charm bracelet nor does it have to be for one week. It could be whatever you like...like lets say a different nail polish color, or going to get your nails done or getting $10 worth of scrapbooking supplies or something like that...idk. I'll try it and let you know :)

Nicole