frustration

my last weight was 221 and then I weighed a week later and was 228 yesterday back to 221 taday 225. does anyone else fluctuate this much? very discouragind!

Replies

• ranbrook
    ranbrook Posts: 12 Member
    My doctor said that weight fluctuates almost hourly and suggested weighing at the same time but you probably do that already. Someone else said that eating salty food causes temporary fluid retention that pushes weight up for a brief time. Apparently diet pop has a high sodium content that works against weight loss even though it has no calories. I don't know what else might do it. Good luck with your journey,
    Anne
  • demorest
    demorest Posts: 109
    I dont drink anything but water, exept for the tea I have in the mornings.
  • msslimann
    msslimann Posts: 122
    my last weight was 221 and then I weighed a week later and was 228 yesterday back to 221 taday 225. does anyone else fluctuate this much? very discouragind!

My weight fluctuates all the time. I have learned to weigh myself in the morning before getting dressed and then taking the first weight. As I have noticed if I weigh more than once , which I sometimes did as I didn't believe or like what the scale read it was always different. This depends too not on just what Anne said about water retention but if you are standing differently on the scale . Depending on where we stand and if we are moving in any way. I do notice that if I eat a lot the day before the next day will show a gain but then the following day it does not. So take heart and don't get depressed as this can be due to a lot of different factors. I heard the true measurement of weight loss is not the scale but the tape measure.
    Hugs, Ann
  • Gladys147
    Gladys147 Posts: 7 Member
    The scale is a funny thing. It can make you cry. If you were to get on three different scales, there is a good cjhance they will each give a different weight. No scale is 100% accurate (read this in one of the manay books I have on weight loss). :happy: The NSVs are so important. Notice the changes in how your clothing fits, your energy level and the uhsolicited comments you get from others.

The bottom line, keep doing what we are doing and enjoy the journey of a lifetime. Ups, downs, successes and celebrations.
  • demorest
    Your right , my clothes are definitly fitting alot looser. My energy levels are off the charts. I definitly feel a great deal better, thats for sure. Thanks ladies, you gals have a way of making me feel better. Have a great evening!!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Your right , my clothes are definitly fitting alot looser. My energy levels are off the charts. I definitly feel a great deal better, thats for sure. Thanks ladies, you gals have a way of making me feel better. Have a great evening!!

Awesome job!!:bigsmile: ..
  • I hate the scales. I took my measurements for the first time today and hope I can get some inspiration from changes there. I am jogging 3 times a week and just seems like the scale is stuck.:blushing:
  • demorest
    I think i'm not going to worrie about the scale, I'm better off to trust the tape measure:happy: