VICTORIES (scale AND non-scale)

Options
MaryTheIceCube
MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
Share your victories along the journey here -- scale and, more importantly, non-scale. Mastered a tough move? Let us know!

Replies

• jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    First Victory- My weight went up this week. I know, I know, that's anti-intuitive, right? Well, yes. But it also means that the weight lifting part of this workout, which I wasn't doing before at all, is finally paying off. I'm gaining some muscle! I can tell b/c picking up my boys is getting even easier. lol

Second Victory- I'm on the last notch on my belt! I've never used this notch before and it's easy and comfortable to use now! I need a new belt AND new jeans that are smaller. A little background, due to fluctuating weight, I never have more than one pair of jeans that fit me. We don't have that kind of money and my kids have much better reasons for needing new clothes. This rocks!:bigsmile:

ETA: I'm on day 4 of level 1 of 30ds.
  • get_fit_Milena
    get_fit_Milena Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just the fact that i got up two times and worked out and got all 3 kids ready for school on time (sorta, one was a minute late) was a victory. I know its small but its a victory none-the less!:happy:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Just the fact that i got up two times and worked out and got all 3 kids ready for school on time (sorta, one was a minute late) was a victory. I know its small but its a victory none-the less!:happy:

Excellent!! That's no easy task!
  • jcpmoore
    Options

Never discount the small victories! Every day I get out of bed is a victory and I think this is true for a lot more people than truly admit it. Never discount these things. Count every victory.
  • jcpmoore
    Options
    I have no idea what the scale says yet (I haven't weighed in yet this week). But as I was getting the water ready for my shower Sunday morning I noticed something. I sat down on the side of the tub and looked at my thigh. I usually try not to, because the big chunk of chubby that sticks out to the side is not nice. But this time I really looked. It IS smaller! WAY smaller! Mama will be taking measurements asap of calves, thighs, and other portions to track as well as weight. I have one before photo. I want to start taking weekly shots, though.
    I think it's cool-I no longer hate looking at my thighs!
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I managed to do ALL of the bicycle crunches at the end of level one with out stopping. I cussed a lot, but darn it, I did ALL of those bad boys!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I managed to do ALL of the bicycle crunches at the end of level one with out stopping. I cussed a lot, but darn it, I did ALL of those bad boys!

Great work!! That's not an easy thing to get through. I made it through them yesterday too, barely.. lol
  • jcpmoore
    Options

Congratulations! That's quite an achievement!
  • jnels
    jnels Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Group!
    So I had a NSV this morning as I was getting dressed for work. I noticed a muscle line forming on my inner thigh. Weird? Maybe. But I find this inner thigh thing a little sexy (even more weird). I dont know why. I just do! When I see celebrities w/ lean and toned legs I always notice if they have this. It may not even be a real muslce but there's a line there and I've always wanted that. My legs are my biggest dislike of my body so when I was putting my jeans on and my legs flexed....what did I see? Yep, that "muscle" is forming! It felt great to see that excercising is paying off in some way!

Hope that didnt sound strange, but that was my little NSV for the day :happy:
  • ColleenMachine
    Options
    Managed to keep going with ALL the bicycle crunches today! I was growling and snarling "Come on, come ON" by the end of it, willing them to be done, but I DID IT!
  • get_fit_Milena
    get_fit_Milena Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not weird.That's cool! We all have parts we'd like to see different on our own bodies, that rocks. I"ve gotten through a week but am not sure when to start measuring for any change, how long have you been doing 30 DS?
    I tried level 3 just to see how hard it was, what a joke! I will stick to level 1 and 2 for now...its only been a week....
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Kind of an NSV this morning...as I dragged myself out of bed and changed into my workout clothes for 30DS, my hubby told me "I know it's tough getting up this early to exercise, but you're doing a good thing. I'm proud of you." Awww...thanks honey! :)
  • MandyMcAwesome
    Options
    Kind of an NSV this morning...as I dragged myself out of bed and changed into my workout clothes for 30DS, my hubby told me "I know it's tough getting up this early to exercise, but you're doing a good thing. I'm proud of you." Awww...thanks honey! :)

Awww...that's really sweet! What a good man!
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds already! I'm expecting AF anytime this weekend, so I hope when she is gone I can move that marker in my ticker to the right :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options

Awww...that's really sweet! What a good man!

I agree, how sweet! It's great to have such awesome support from our loved ones. :)
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3 pounds and the level 1 doesn't feel so so hard anymore. Thinking about moving on to level 2 any day now!
  • ColleenMachine
    Options
    My HRM puts my resting heart rate around 50bpm. It used to be over 100. Win!
  • looplooploop
    Options
    Today was my 6th consecutive day of level one. Did 10 knee pushups in a row today! Maybe not that impressive but on day 1 I could barely do two in a row. still too scared to try them on my toes!

I also lost one inch off my waist and half an inch off my bust and hips as of day 4. Ill measure again who level one is over (day 8). Woo!
  • ColleenMachine
    Options
    After level 1 (I did probably 7 or 8 days; I pulled a muscle in my back so I needed more rest days than I normally would. During 30DS rest days, I still tried to go to the pool and do laps, though) I measured myself and was pleased to find the following:

Neck: 14.75" (-0.25)
    Waist: 39.25" (-0.75)
    Hips: 42.75" (-0.75)
    Bust: 37.0" (-2.75!!)
    Bicep: 13.0" (-0.50)
    Thigh: 25.5" (-0.00, boo)

I've seen at least a half-inch difference in all but two of my measurements, and I'm only a third of the way through. Neato! :)
  • MandyMcAwesome
    Options
    After level 1 (I did probably 7 or 8 days; I pulled a muscle in my back so I needed more rest days than I normally would. During 30DS rest days, I still tried to go to the pool and do laps, though) I measured myself and was pleased to find the following:

Neck: 14.75" (-0.25)
    Waist: 39.25" (-0.75)
    Hips: 42.75" (-0.75)
    Bust: 37.0" (-2.75!!)
    Bicep: 13.0" (-0.50)
    Thigh: 25.5" (-0.00, boo)

I've seen at least a half-inch difference in all but two of my measurements, and I'm only a third of the way through. Neato! :)

Why is our bust the first to go. Le sigh. :ohwell:

I also pulled a muscle in my back, but it was when I was pulling up my girdle shorts, so it healed pretty quick. :blushing: